PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ale
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 23.11.2006

Windows Mobile 5 PDA phone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have a PDA Phone running Win Mobile 5, with 3G Internet connection. The Internet connection has 350K/128K speed.Using a SIP client-AGEphone from www.ageet phone.The SIP client gets registered without any problems. But the audio gets choppy. Have tried setting different SIP servers-www0.pbxes.com and www2.pbxes.com-. Also, have tried with STUN and without STUN. Would like to know whether there are any other settings which can improve the call quality?

01.02.2007 09:48 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Fragezeichen RE: Windows Mobile 5 PDA phone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Which codecs have you tried?

01.02.2007 11:49 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ale
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have tried all.

01.02.2007 16:41 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is the Audio Bypass on that extension set to ON or OFF?

02.02.2007 23:43 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ale
Grünschnabel

tried both. Voice quality was worse when set to bypass.

03.02.2007 07:09 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

I was sort of expecting this, but I wanted to find out what was the result.

03.02.2007 14:56 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ale
Grünschnabel

any other ideas? Any other softphone that works good on WM5 and pbxes?

03.02.2007 17:13 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List
dub

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

Try the sjphone beta.
http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html

How does your current softphone work over wifi?

15.02.2007 14:58 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
ale
Grünschnabel

I did try SJPhone.Voice quality was reasonable.
Wifi just as bad as with 3G. Both are batttery guzzlers. Battery didn't last an hour!
But I believe I had bought a lousy phone. I had to send it back for repairs as the phone tend to overheat and hangs constantly. The distributor could not repair it and I was given a replacement. The replacement had the same problems and I returned it for a refund just after a week.
Don't ever buy the DOPOD D810.

16.02.2007 05:11 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List
dub

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

I know that Alex is having problems generally with his phone, but has anyone noticed how meager the support is for Windows Mobile 5 in this area. I think most of the development has stopped because of the rumored inclusion of a sip client in Windows Mobile 6. Opinions?

04.04.2007 21:18 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: