PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Voicemail / Dropped Calls
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
cml

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Voicemail / Dropped Calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

When placing calls with a long duration of greater than 30-45 mins, the call will be dropped during this period...with repeatable results. The call drops with really no prior indication.

Voicemails are also kept at 1 min, regardless of the voicemail box setting, how can we corrrect for longer voicemails?

X-lite softphone will get 'circuits busy' at certian period, does this mean the system is full or require an updated setting?

Your assistance with these items would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Chad

28.03.2007 23:33 cmlone is offline Search for Posts by cmlone Add cmlone to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Voicemail / Dropped Calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The timeouts are 60 minutes for outgoing calls and 130 minutes for incoming and internal calls.

I have moved this to feature requests to make them configurable.

If you hear the "all circuits are busy" message your trunk is down, see FAQ and check the status display.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 30.03.2007 at 17:20.

29.03.2007 11:58 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
cml

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Why are the calls limited to 60 / 130 respectively?

Voicemail has been configured accordingly, however this hasn't extended the voicemail box size.

With regards to the trunk, is there not a way in which the system can either notify us when this happens, or restart to connect to a dropped trunk. We've seen this happen previously, went into trunks and saved changes to re-initialize the trunk.

29.03.2007 16:52 cmlone is offline Search for Posts by cmlone Add cmlone to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Daumen hoch! RE: Voicemail / Dropped Calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The reason for introducing timeouts were persistent calls that caused overcharges for some users. It is a feature that protects you from taking high bandwidth on your DSL and SIP lines by calls unintentionally remaining active.

The value is now user configurable from 1 to 180 minutes (under General Setting).

For Free/Soho Accounts it is fixed to 60 minutes.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 06.05.2007 at 00:20.

03.05.2007 12:50 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: