PBXes » English » Bugs » Sipdroid incoming calls
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
hir
Soho Account

Registration Date: 25.03.2014

Sipdroid incoming calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Using Sipdroid 6.1 beta with 2 different Android 8.1.0 mobile phones and Sipdroid registered to pbxes extension outgoing calls are fine but on incoming call to Sipdroid:
1 -Sipdroid rings briefly & then receives audio from caller
2 -caller continues to hear ringing tone with no warning of being heard
3 -after Sipdroid is made to answer (by flicking mobile phone screen upwards) the call is answered normally with 2 way audio

Unfortunately I did not make a note of when this problem started but think it was probably February 2022. Apologies for not reporting this earlier.

04.05.2022 00:40 hiresonic is offline Search for Posts by hiresonic Add hiresonic to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Sipdroid incoming calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is the intended behaviour of the app.

Sipdroid sets up media early to avoid loosing the first bit of audio when answering calls. When you make an internal call, audio will already pass thru. Only on public networks, your audio will not be heard before the other side picks up.

04.05.2022 08:10 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
hir
Soho Account

RE: Sipdroid incoming calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your swift reply.
I have tested & yes on an incoming call from public network audio does not pass through until Sipdroid is made to answer.

WIth Sipdroid ringing for such a short time it makes it easy to miss incoming calls & even answer them by without realising especially iwhen mobile 'phone is in a pocket!

This behaviour is new to me but since I usually use Sipdroid to 'PSTN number' for incoming calls & 'Trigger Callback' for outgoing
calls I might not have noticed it until this year.

Would it be possible to choose to make Sipdroid ring longer in a future update?

04.05.2022 13:29 hiresonic is offline Search for Posts by hiresonic Add hiresonic to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

So your bug report is about Sipdroid ringing too short? Can you please try choose another ringtone. It should ring until you pick up the call.

10.05.2022 08:36 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
hir
Soho Account

Again thanks
'SIP Ringtone' selections:
'Default ringtone' rings only once,
but 3 other ringtones that I have tested continue to ring until call is answered.

I will do more tests & reply further.

11.05.2022 14:19 hiresonic is offline Search for Posts by hiresonic Add hiresonic to your Buddy List
jen
Soho Account

Registration Date: 18.08.2019

Zitat:
Original von hir
I usually use Sipdroid to [...] 'Trigger Callback' for outgoing
calls ...

What do I need to set in Android 11 MIUI Global 12.5.8 to the effect that Sipdroid "Trigger Callback" will work?

Webcall URL works in the browser but Sipdroid never has triggered a callback but always dialed the target number directly. I tried several options like http[s]://pbxes.org/... and http[s]://157.90.240.95/...

I use Sipdroid Version 6.2 beta.

12.05.2022 13:06 jenmi7 is offline Search for Posts by jenmi7 Add jenmi7 to your Buddy List
hir
Soho Account

I suggest:

Within Sipdroid 'PBXes Features'
1-set 'URL for Callback' to https://www1.pbxes.com/................
2- tick 'Trigger Callback'

Within Sipdroid 'SIP Account'
1- untick 'Use WLAN'
2- untick 'Use 3G'
3- untick 'Use EDGE'
( if you want outgoing calls to trigger callback regardless of available networks )

This works for me.

12.05.2022 21:57 hiresonic is offline Search for Posts by hiresonic Add hiresonic to your Buddy List
jen
Soho Account

Thank you. I tried - without success.
After I have unticked "Use WLAN", "Use 3G", and "Use EDGE", Sipdroid has no connection, and neither an outgoing call nor an incoming call is possible.
How in your case, Sipdroid has connection?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jen on 13.05.2022 at 03:26.

13.05.2022 03:15 jenmi7 is offline Search for Posts by jenmi7 Add jenmi7 to your Buddy List
hir
Soho Account

I have composed a detailed reply but unfortunately cannot post it or even preview it as I get this message

'Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/addreply.php on this server.'

I do not understand why I can preview & post this reply but not the one that I wish to send!

13.05.2022 23:59 hiresonic is offline Search for Posts by hiresonic Add hiresonic to your Buddy List
jen
Soho Account

Zitat:
Original von hir
I have composed a detailed reply but unfortunately cannot post it ...

Could you please post it in
rentry(dot)co(slash)pbxes02 ?

Edit code: sipdroid

Thank you in advance.

14.05.2022 11:42 jenmi7 is offline Search for Posts by jenmi7 Add jenmi7 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: