PBXes » English » News » RE: Dial with Alexa
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Dial with Alexa Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Alexa already has an integrated service for making hands-free phone calls to some countries (US, Canada and Mexiko).

Now we developed an Alexa skill to connect to your PBX and make international phone calls.

Just say "Alexa, open switch board" - This launches your personal secretary. She allows you to voice-dial phone numbers, a shop nearby, or your contacts (after uploading them to PBXes).

Then say e.g. "Call bakery". Next your phone will ring. Pick up and you will be connected to the nearest bakery.

The voice UI to PBXes has the advantage that you don't need to search your phone first, unlock it, and start the phone app. Instead you can just say e.g. "Alexa, ask switch board for bakery" to make a call to your local bakery.

22.03.2018 12:54 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Dial with Alexa Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We've now published a video about the new feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef1uNJiu6cQ

25.04.2018 11:50 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
jon
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 31.08.2011

RE: Dial with Alexa Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've configured a sip provider, callcentric, setup identical 4 digit mailbox pin on pbxes vox & callcentric's tho I still got login glitch on using <username (pbxes)>-100 & pwd of that 4 digit voicemail box pin. Can someone kindly assist? When I used just <username (pbxes)> & pwd (pbxes), it considerately in red corrects to username-extension & mailbox pin for pwd to setup Alexa switch board in the Alexa app. Any dude'll do... jk

10.05.2018 22:16 jonibird is offline Search for Posts by jonibird Add jonibird to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Because your extension no. is 333, you have to login to <accountname>-333. Does that help?

11.05.2018 12:10 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
jon
Grünschnabel

Thanks! Yes to ability to register to switch board skill. I'm unable to request a Vatican City # except it got accepted apparently by Alexa who confirmed # & said, see you later, though softphone never got incoming call. Unless related to default delay I accepted for switch to voicemail, I'm overestimating what callcentric can service, even with echo/Alexa skill?! Be kind enough to respond again. JK

12.05.2018 10:53 jonibird is offline Search for Posts by jonibird Add jonibird to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Your softphone is not properly registered. Try making testcalls to *43 (echo test). Look into Status Display to see its registration status.

12.05.2018 18:43 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
jon
Grünschnabel

Though I once was registered, now I'm not. I use <username> & sip password. Should i add -extension to the username? I see a zero next to Soho account yet received warning to login maybe 3 days ago within 7 days...jk

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by jon on 12.05.2018 at 22:31.

12.05.2018 18:52 jonibird is offline Search for Posts by jonibird Add jonibird to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Yes, absolutely. This is because you could register multiple different extensions.

12.05.2018 20:22 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 14.01.2012

Hello,
Unfortunatly, it is seems impossible to use the skill from France
Do you confirm this limitation ?
Best regards
S.

20.08.2018 08:05 081226062 is offline Search for Posts by 081226062 Add 081226062 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Yes, true. Can you help us translate to French?

20.08.2018 17:48 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

Registration Date: 17.10.2007

Best skill of Alexa to use with Pbxes. Setup is very easy (user: Extension-xxxx & psw: Voicemail password). The sound quality is awesome it appears that only one extension can be setup in Alexa profile.

Is there any way to setup multiple extension in same Alexa profile.

22.08.2018 06:16 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
phi
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 20.01.2011

Do you plan to make this skill available in the UK? I looked on my skills list and sadly it was not there - just something for finding customer service numbers.

10.10.2018 20:57 philculmer is offline Search for Posts by philculmer Add philculmer to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

We've submitted the skill with the additional countries activated for review. Hope it gets live within the next couple of days.

EDIT: Still waiting for certification. Expecting support for UK, Australia, and Canada to be ready until end of November.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 09.11.2018 at 10:17.

16.10.2018 12:05 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

The updated skill with support for UK, Australia, and Canada is now live!

29.11.2018 14:56 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 14.01.2012

Hello,
A newYear up for the french (belgian) users of Alexa and Pbxes :-)
If it is a question of translation, I can try to help.
Merry Chritsmas and Happy New Year from Belgium.

21.12.2018 12:05 081226062 is offline Search for Posts by 081226062 Add 081226062 to your Buddy List
the
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.11.2019

Here's a tip, You can access Alexa over SIP..

https://siplexa.com/

I'm testing it right now, (not using another trunk, but a separate line on my Cisco phone). It's a little slow, and has a timeout, so for instance if you have a long flash briefing it can't play the entire thing, but for short things like the switchboard, it's ok. Although, sometimes when I say "open switchboard", it thinks I am saying "open xbox". Nice proof of concept anyway, when it cooperates.

EDIT: LOL weird, it says my name is "the".

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by the on 26.11.2019 at 23:45.

26.11.2019 23:40 thegiant is offline Search for Posts by thegiant Add thegiant to your Buddy List
hua
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.08.2009

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p
Because your extension no. is 333, you have to login to <accountname>-333. Does that help?

I tried to link my extension, but it had login error. I used huawang-extension as Id and sip password as password. Bit I got error. Could you please take a look why I had error?

Thanks

22.12.2019 08:29 huawang is offline Search for Posts by huawang Add huawang to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Password is your voicemail PIN.

22.12.2019 11:45 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
hua
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.08.2009

How long will take it to link? I was able to login with my extension, but still not linked .

NM, I was about to link it about couple try. Thanks!

New question: how to call extension? I was told the number is invalid and asked me to check the configuration of on when I called my extension.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by hua on 22.12.2019 at 22:21.

22.12.2019 22:09 huawang is offline Search for Posts by huawang Add huawang to your Buddy List
tfn
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.10.2013

Can I help you translate to Italian? I'd love to have it in my country ❤️

05.02.2021 19:03 tfn220189 is offline Search for Posts by tfn220189 Add tfn220189 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: