PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Calls ringing multiple times
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
fpn
Premium Account

Registration Date: 16.02.2012

Fragezeichen Calls ringing multiple times Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have two separate GV trunks, incoming calls to both have been ringing through to extensions with multiple calls on and off for a few weeks. Sometimes the first call to ring through contains the caller, sometimes I pick up and the call is dead only to have the actual call ring through a second later as another SIP session. If I don't pick up both calls the 2nd will keep ringing until it goes to forwards to a PSTN extension (my cell phone) and ends up there in voicemail, leaving a blank VM...

any idea what is going on or how to stop it?

I tried resetting my server settings a few times but it has had no effect yet.

11.06.2018 20:18 fpnbrian is offline Search for Posts by fpnbrian Add fpnbrian to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Calls ringing multiple times Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is probably linked to the following change in GV outbound calls:
https://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1528067823

Do you have any other provider you can route calls to your PSTN phones to?

12.06.2018 13:21 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
fpn
Premium Account

Registration Date: 16.02.2012

RE: Calls ringing multiple times Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

it happens on my SIP extensions....

my SIP extension is set to forward after a while to my PSTN if not answered.

Just a few moments ago I had a call come in, rang my SIP phone on my desk, and immediately showed a 2nd call coming in from the same number.
I picked up the first line, nothing but silence. Hung up that line and answered the other incoming call from the same number and the person was there. Sometimes it's the opposite where the person is on the first line I pick up and that's when I let the 2nd line ring until it forwards to my PSTN extension (my cell phone)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by fpn on 12.06.2018 at 20:57.

12.06.2018 20:55 fpnbrian is offline Search for Posts by fpnbrian Add fpnbrian to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

OK, now I am beginning to understand the issue. Can you please try to simplify your setup. Just have a single GV trunk. Route it to a single extension. Do you still get two similar calls coming in?

13.06.2018 17:56 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: