PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: It makes more calls recording ?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
neo
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.11.2007

Daumen runter! It makes more calls recording ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Lately I noticed that my calls are not writing as they did previously, is Pbxes with a problem that does no more recording in the call log (all extensions are enabled for recording)

06.11.2009 20:58 neopark is offline Search for Posts by neopark Add neopark to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: It makes more calls recording ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Are the SIP Re-Invites (audio bypass) enabled or disabled on your extensions and trunks?

06.11.2009 22:52 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: It makes more calls recording ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Actually we have disabled call recording on accounts neopark, thefool and tijuca because they were using this feature extensively for all their calls, and a lot of them. This consumed too much computing power and storage. Currently our software can not limit usage of the recording feature. If it is used too extensively we have to disable it manually on a per-account basis.

07.11.2009 16:54 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
neo
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.11.2007

OK, Pascal!

But my business is limited, because as you have control over this note also that my consumption of MB months into bonds is well below the stipulated by Pbxes, I understand that I may be using too recordings in all extensions, but is a feature I need to my business to keep track of calls to protect the company. In fact this was one of the best features that I admired in pbxes, pity that I am now limited, would review its position and provide the function, would be very grateful!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by neo on 08.11.2009 at 22:48.

08.11.2009 22:47 neopark is offline Search for Posts by neopark Add neopark to your Buddy List
gar

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

Does the limit on recorded minutes apply to pro accounts?

25.11.2009 22:21 garyb is offline Search for Posts by garyb Add garyb to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

@neopark: Since this feature seems to be important for your business, we are exploring ways to support it, without straining the existing servers as much.

If this is an important feature for others as well, we would like to have a show of hands to determine how extensively we should do this.

26.11.2009 20:12 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
gar

Hello Diafora

I am at the point of setting up 6 full time users on the system who would be calling all day with recording turned on. This, along with the quality of the recording will be paramount to whether we can use pbxes. I am taking it that even if i have 6 pro accounts pbxes will not be able to support this without your modifications to your servers?

Please confirm this to be the case or not. I only have a few weeks to get this sorted.

Regards

Gary

30.11.2009 14:39 garyb is offline Search for Posts by garyb Add garyb to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Hi,
I believe call recording is an important feature for any serious business use. My previous clients were insistent on it (although they only asked for recordings twice in a year).
Automatic deletion after a selectable period might be good though,
Regards

30.11.2009 15:28 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

The implementation of this feature really comes down to how much volume of voice recordings to store, for how long of an interval to store them. This is an exercise in logistics, having enough HD space at each server location, predicting recordings growth, etc.

Just to get an appreciation of the volume, consider the following calculation. Using the G.711 µ-law vocoder, every second of stored voice recording consists of 64,000 bits. The size of the audio file representing a voice recording can be calculated with the following formula:

1 minute of stored voice = 60 seconds * 64000 bits = 3840 Kb = 480 KB

With 200 minutes of stored voice recording, the disk storage is at least 96,000 KB, or 96 MB, in size, which works out to an average of 28.8 MB per hour.

It becomes apparent that storing recordings indefinitely is not realistic, so choosing the right strategy to do this properly, is quite important.

30.11.2009 16:58 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
gar

Can we contact you to discuss requirements when moving employess to multiple pro accounts with regards to recording etc?

22.12.2009 14:50 garyb is offline Search for Posts by garyb Add garyb to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Sure, but let me get back to you for the date and time.

22.12.2009 16:33 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

Have not used recording before but am looking at it now.

Had some problems with customers saying things I can't remember and there was no other proof of this.

So I am looking at recomrding all business call.
If data is an issue, you might consider the following option.

Don't store call on your server but when a call finished the file can be sent by email to the users account or a special account that he assigns for that.
This way the user can keep track of the files themselves.
Also you could do the same thing you did for the call logs. Users can download all recorded files and there would be a maximum of say 500 mb for recorded files.
whenever the limit is reached the older files are deleted.
When downloaded the files will be deleted from the server.

I can imagine that this might cost extra bandwidth so maybe you could offer this as an extra paid service for every account.

30.12.2009 18:51 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

In general, off-site storage of individual recordings is an excellent idea, but sending multi-megabyte files via e-mail is quite flaky.

So, we are thinking along the lines of storing the recording files off the SIP Proxy servers, to another set of servers either immediately or after a predefined interval, possibly during the low traffic period of each server.

This requires a chuck of integration as well as testing, therefore it might take some time to get it right.

31.12.2009 14:27 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

sending the recording to antoher server is always good. Still remains the question that users who record might end up having a high number of recording files.
I would assume that if you would offer this off-site storage it will cost money so someone has to pay for it.

Alternative could be a user supplying their own ftp upload details so recordings are sent directly to their server of to one of the free storage providers.

In the end a user would need to download these files locally anyhow.

02.01.2010 16:50 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
res
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 15.03.2014

Achtung RE: It makes more calls recording ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Was there any decision made on this?
We have run into the same situation:
We need the recordings of our calls for training and supervision and so switched the feature on. In the beginning it worked, but today I tried to manually download such a recording in "menu-call Monitor" but got an error msg, that this file can not be read.

16.10.2014 10:34 res55 is offline Search for Posts by res55 Add res55 to your Buddy List
grz
Premium Account

Registration Date: 07.09.2006

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p
Actually we have disabled call recording on accounts .....

Hi,
Does it concern account "grzegorz7" as well? (ext 206, 207, 209 and 221) We are not able to see any recorded calls since 2013 and 2-3 months ago there was everything ok...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grz on 14.04.2015 at 11:53.

14.04.2015 11:23 grzegorz7 is offline Search for Posts by grzegorz7 Add grzegorz7 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

We are sorry. Your recordings have been lost on the recent upgrade of server hard and software on www3. The recording feature should now be working again.

17.04.2015 13:11 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: