PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Limit outbound routes?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
aib
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 09.07.2008

Limit outbound routes? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

Let's say extension 1234 can only call US numbers. I'd setup an outbound route for +1, 001, 0111 for ext 1234, then another "catchall" outbound route for it with no trunks defined. Would that work?

Thanks!

10.08.2014 20:27 aibrado is offline Search for Posts by aibrado Add aibrado to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Limit outbound routes? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Instead of defining no trunks you would need to define a dummy trunk. Depending on the dummy the call will actually fail, or get on to the next outbound route.

11.08.2014 22:56 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
aib
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 09.07.2008

RE: Limit outbound routes? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hmmm. By dummy trunk, I guess you mean either a SIP trunk with no account, or with an invalid account that doesn't really go anywhere..?

Also, is there a way to allow calling local extensions as well, whether they are classic/PSTN numbers or SIP extensions? So the whole thing would be "This extension can call US numbers or local extensions (even if they happen to be via international PSTN)".

Thanks so much!

13.08.2014 18:35 aibrado is offline Search for Posts by aibrado Add aibrado to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: