PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: When www2.pbxes.com goes down...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jow

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
When www2.pbxes.com goes down... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We've been having a lot of problems with this server this month causing garbled calls etc. At the moment there are 3 critical unresolved issues one of which is "Packet loss = 62%" which can't be good. I was under the impression that accounts got moved to different (working) servers when problems arose. This never seems to happen. Why is this?

40 minutes and counting and our phones are still not working properly, we can't hear any calls.... this isn't great service guys.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jow on 30.01.2014 at 01:25.

30.01.2014 00:57 jowtron is offline Search for Posts by jowtron Add jowtron to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: When www2.pbxes.com goes down... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
I think its more catastrophic failures that trigger a server move, maybe not just a deteriorated service. If you believe there are issues with pbxes on your current server you could do a manual change to see if that improves matters for you.
Regards

30.01.2014 11:09 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
jow

RE: When www2.pbxes.com goes down... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the reply. I'd regard any failure that renders the service unusable as pretty catastrophic though. Changing servers won't fix the problem when it inevitably occurs again in the future. Perhaps the policy regarding what constitutes a failure and when to automatically switch servers needs to be changed. There is no way of changing servers without changing timezones which makes the manual switching slightly more annoying. This would be a good feature if it were possible, although if you can't even connect to the server that hosts your PBX to begin with, then ultimately redundant.

Update: www2.pbxes.com still experiencing issues pretty much daily. Status reports massive packet loss and unresolved critical errors.
Can someone from pbxes please respond to my message? What is going on?

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by jow on 11.02.2014 at 01:26.

31.01.2014 00:04 jowtron is offline Search for Posts by jowtron Add jowtron to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

We are working on changing servers independently from time zones. This will soon allow you to easily move to a server of your choice.

If you cannot access the host from your Internet connection to switch servers, please try an alternate connection, e.g. from your mobile.

The servers are located at fantastic data center locations but sometimes for some users due to a specific peering it is better not to move to the predefined nearest one, but to the next nearest.

12.02.2014 08:55 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
jow

The issues with the www2.pbxes.com server have been going on for weeks now. We have successfully moved to using the www1 server, but this has much greater latency. Are the issues with www2 server going to be ongoing?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jow on 17.02.2014 at 00:58.

17.02.2014 00:58 jowtron is offline Search for Posts by jowtron Add jowtron to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: When www2.pbxes.com goes down... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Changing servers while keeping timezone has been implemented now. You find your current timezone several times in the list for each server available, in Personal Data.

@jow... Please try www4 and www7. They're also located in the US and thus have less latency than using the European server www1.

17.02.2014 09:24 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
jow

@i-p
This is a great addition to the configuration options, but could you please also address the issues regarding www2.pbxes.com? I'm sure there are other uses who are upset by the lack of communication regarding the ongoing problems with this server.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jow on 17.02.2014 at 10:07.

17.02.2014 10:07 jowtron is offline Search for Posts by jowtron Add jowtron to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

We've opened a ticket at the datacenter provider, and will keep you updated.

19.02.2014 11:16 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

And this is the answer from them: It seems some major backbones are getting huge ddos attacks, been going on for last 1-2 days, one after the other, we're trying to reroute traffic through others.

19.02.2014 15:21 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: