PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Multiple Phones/Devices on one single extension?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kin

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Multiple Phones/Devices on one single extension? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is this possible with PBXes?
I know, technically, it's possible on others. But after trying it on here, it seems to just switch to the latest device registered with it. I can think of a couple cool uses for the feature, but I'm guessing its not implemented here? Just thought I'd ask in case I was missing something.

Thanks. smile

10.12.2012 06:30 kingsett is offline Search for Posts by kingsett Add kingsett to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Multiple Phones/Devices on one single extension? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
When I (accidentally) tried it the same thing happened, it switched over as each device registered, and on all subsequent registrations. I guess that is the expected behaviour.
Regards

10.12.2012 10:47 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
kin

RE: Multiple Phones/Devices on one single extension? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yeah, from what I've read, it's what is "supposed" to happen on a lot of Asterisk-based PBXs, but I believe, if programmed, you could log into the same extension on multiple phones. I think FreePBX has this feature, and a few proprietary ones do as well.

I simply wasn't sure if it was was possible to somehow enable this behavior on PBXes, so I figured I'd ask around as it would be a very helpful feature, really.

10.12.2012 18:11 kingsett is offline Search for Posts by kingsett Add kingsett to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Would the call forking option directly between extensions do what you want ?
It makes multiple extensions behave as one.

10.12.2012 18:24 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
kin

Yeah, that would work just fine; still messier than the alternative. But it'll do. I'll come up with a naming mechanism to make it make sense.

Thanks for your help. I never really saw the call forking option.

11.12.2012 00:54 kingsett is offline Search for Posts by kingsett Add kingsett to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Glad to help, maybe we can get this forum working again like it used to,
Regards

11.12.2012 01:45 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
baz

Hmm, I'm pretty sure it registers both of my phones to one extension... Obvisouly I can only answer one of them. I'll try later tonight (if I remember).

20.12.2012 16:07 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
kin

Yeah, let me know. I've tried it before, and I didn't think it worked.
I'll try again when I get to work.

Thanks. smile

21.12.2012 19:34 kingsett is offline Search for Posts by kingsett Add kingsett to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: