PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Unacceptable VoIP lag on some extensions only
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lan
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 26.08.2010

Unacceptable VoIP lag on some extensions only Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We are based in Belgium, with a couple of extensions in UK and Ireland. Call quality between extensions has been super. All extensions are Grandstream GXP2000, set to G.722 as first vocoder choice and PCMU as second choice.

When we opened an office in Singapore, we added 5 extensions there, all configured the same way. These extensions all suffer from bad lag (1.5 - 2 seconds typically) and some echo. This applies to calls between extensions as well as through the trunks. I have tried switching the vocoder choices around, and enabling audio bypass, but neither seems to make a difference.

I can't search on "lag" in these forums, by the way - apparently the word has fewer than 3 characters :-)

I realise that VoIP lag a large topic with many potential causes, but we have identical equipment connected to the same PBXes account, while producing very different call quality. can anyone suggest further troubleshooting steps or possible fixes?

TIA

06.07.2012 12:43 landmark is offline Search for Posts by landmark Add landmark to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Unacceptable VoIP lag on some extensions only Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
Have you tried moving your PBXes account to a different geographic server (which may give you better latency (lag) as a compromise between offices) ?
Possibly based on testing above you will need to use a different server and account just for the Singapore office.
Regards

06.07.2012 14:28 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: