PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: Different receptionist for different DID's
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
avi
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 02.03.2012

Fragezeichen Different receptionist for different DID's Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi, I'm trying to setup different menu's for my digital receptionist, based on the phone number (DID) that the call is incoming to my PBX.

For example, for my DID's in Mexico, I want the receptionist to answer in Spanish with an according Menu, but for people calling from my DID's in the US, I want to greet them in English and give them a special Menu.

I've been trying different things, but nothing works unglücklich

How can I achieve this?

Thanks!!

Mauricio

13.03.2012 22:15 avikoo is offline Search for Posts by avikoo Add avikoo to your Buddy List
hal

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Different receptionist for different DID's Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

With inbound route; you intercept the DID and then use the approriate menu.

It's up to you how you get the call delivered to your account.

29.04.2012 23:49 halldis is offline Search for Posts by halldis Add halldis to your Buddy List
hng
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

RE: Different receptionist for different DID's Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Did this answer your question?

13.08.2012 17:55 hngsteve is offline Search for Posts by hngsteve Add hngsteve to your Buddy List
kin

I'm looking to do the same thing, have different receptions for each number. Is this possible; even if all the numbers are on the same trunk (in my case, Callcentric)?

I couldn't find a way to "intercept" the DIDs like you mentioned.

Any help you can give me would be super cool.

Thank you smile.

19.12.2012 01:02 kingsett is offline Search for Posts by kingsett Add kingsett to your Buddy List
hng
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.09.2010

greetings -

First, very much a novice at this... but

The Inbound Route is the key... the trunk line registers with the source (trunk provider)... then when a call is recieved (inbound) it is matched to the appropriate Inbound Route - this is often used to cost effectively answer calls, etc., but we use it to have two DIDs each go to different digital receptionist... operating two companies at the same location.

The challenge is to figure out what the trunk line provides as the identifier, and then - based on the information - how pbxes recognizes that information and maps it (routes it)...

I ended up having to ask pbxes author how... and it is different for my two trunk lines... one (callcentric) uses the account name provided from the trunk provider (but then can only handle one line DID per "named" account), the other (voipvoip) uses the caller id of the line being called... and this is more functional because then you can have multiple DIDs with the provider...

Hope this helps.

19.12.2012 17:10 hngsteve is offline Search for Posts by hngsteve Add hngsteve to your Buddy List
kin

I asked Callcentric if it was possible and they responded:

"What you can try would be to perform DID-based routing (http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/did_trixbox) or (http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/did_routing). Depending on which Asterisk variant is being used, you may use our DID-based routing guides to assist you in routing your calls based on the DID which was called."

02.01.2013 22:29 kingsett is offline Search for Posts by kingsett Add kingsett to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: