PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Usage - pptp
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jar

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Usage - pptp Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have only few calls a week and my usage time is enormous... I'm using pptp to secure the connection.

Do you count the time of the pptp connection the same as the call time? Does it adds up?

16.04.2012 21:37 jarkaczon is offline Search for Posts by jarkaczon Add jarkaczon to your Buddy List
arn

RE: Usage - pptp Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Minutes connected to VPN service will be added to your monthly bandwidth usage.

See:
VPN Service

17.04.2012 04:15 arnebolen is offline Search for Posts by arnebolen Add arnebolen to your Buddy List
jar

RE: Usage - pptp Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

In my opinion it is not fair... since encryption doesn't work this is the only way to secure the connection.
Is there a chance to enable encryption? I'm using Samsung Galaxy Mini.

18.04.2012 00:20 jarkaczon is offline Search for Posts by jarkaczon Add jarkaczon to your Buddy List
arn

Why do you use VPN?

19.04.2012 00:46 arnebolen is offline Search for Posts by arnebolen Add arnebolen to your Buddy List
jar

To secure the connection, otherwise anyone can listen to my conversations unglücklich

24.04.2012 01:16 jarkaczon is offline Search for Posts by jarkaczon Add jarkaczon to your Buddy List
arn

Zitat:
Originally posted by jarkaczon
To secure the connection, otherwise anyone can listen to my conversations unglücklich

Your calls to/from PSTN are not secure when you use PPTP.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by arn on 24.04.2012 at 01:24.

24.04.2012 01:23 arnebolen is offline Search for Posts by arnebolen Add arnebolen to your Buddy List
jar

Yes it is not the best solution but better than nothing. It would be better to use openvpn with certificates but I'll need openvpn server with good bandwidth... How do You manage to secure your communication?

28.04.2012 12:39 jarkaczon is offline Search for Posts by jarkaczon Add jarkaczon to your Buddy List
ond
Soho Account

Registration Date: 27.01.2012

Zitat:
Originally posted by jarkaczon
How do You manage to secure your communication?

Well I am still in a testing phase so my experience should not count to much. But right now I am connected behind a vpn like this:
softphone=>PAYG-mobileprovider=>vpn-provider=>pbxes.org=>voip-provider
The connection is actually quite good to my own suprise. If I leave the vpn-provider away the connection is worse, probably because the mobile provider is willingly frustrating the connection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ond on 28.04.2012 at 22:07.

28.04.2012 22:05 onderdelinde is offline Search for Posts by onderdelinde Add onderdelinde to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

For PBXes PRO accounts we offer unlimited bandwidth including PPTP. This might be a cheap solution for you if you don't require too many extensions.

09.05.2012 14:13 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: