PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: Loud static instead of normal ringback tone in Digital Receptionist
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
adm

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Loud static instead of normal ringback tone in Digital Receptionist Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

After the Digital receptionist answers anytime the caller should be hearing a ringback tone* very loud "static" plays over callers headset. I am putting static in quotes because I think I can hear a bit of the real ringback tone buried in the noise, but it is mostly static. The static starts and stops for the same period as a normal ringback tone. I.E. two seconds of static, three seconds of silence, two seconds of static, etc.

(*ringback tone: the tone the caller hears ringing in their earpiece to let them know the phone is ringing on the other end.)

I have done a bit of testing and:

• This static is ONLY during ringback after the digital receptionist (DR) pics up. All other audio is clear, including any ringback before the DR, a sample ringback tone I uploaded as a test prompt inside the DR, audio after ringback finishes (the callee picks up the phone after the DR forwards the call, etc.
  • It happens no matter what I am ringing: SIP extension, Classic (POTS), going back to the GV number for voicemail, ring group, etc.
  • I am using Google Voice trunks. (Someone else on the forum reported a similar, but not identical, problem with GV trunks and the DR that was never resolved.)

Any help, insight, or confirmation that this is a known problem with GV trunks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Adam

10.11.2011 07:41 adm is offline Search for Posts by adm Add adm to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: Loud static instead of normal ringback tone in Digital Receptionist Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1302637279

29.04.2012 22:36 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to: