PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Incoming Caller ID Time
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lan

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Incoming Caller ID Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

When I receive calls, they are registered 2 hours difference of the time zone I live in (Mountain). On the Personal Data page, I have US/Mountain Selected, so I'm not if I might be missing something somewhere else. My phones automatically set their time based on caller id, so they are constantly wrong as this overrides my manual settings.

22.10.2011 22:44 lancethepants is offline Search for Posts by lancethepants Add lancethepants to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Incoming Caller ID Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

To what kind of phones are you referring to?

Most ATAs & IP-phones set their time based on NTP servers not time from CallerID.

23.10.2011 17:19 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
lan

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Incoming Caller ID Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry for the vague description. They are actually some Dect1480 cordless phones connected to my PAP2T device. When I first got them, I manually set the time, but noticed that soon afterward they would become two hours fast. The manual states you can set the time manually or "If you have Caller ID, the phone sets the day and time from the CID data". This will then override any time I put in, and without any way that I can see either in the phone menus or in the manual to disable this feature. It would be nice too to have an accurate CID history on the phone too.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lan on 24.10.2011 at 01:00.

24.10.2011 00:58 lancethepants is offline Search for Posts by lancethepants Add lancethepants to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: