PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Incoming call issue
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
has

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Incoming call issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I setup everything including extensions and trunks. The extensions call and talk to each other without any problem.

One trunk is ekiga and the other is a paid voip provider. I can call to the other users of this paid provider but cannot receive a call from this trunk. When someone calls me through this trunk, the caller hears no sound or anything and there is no ring on my extensions. If the caller calls again shortly after the unsuccessful attempt, the paid voip provider replies that my account deregistered from the voip service. Is there a compatibility issue with this voip provider?

16.08.2011 22:12 hasherdene is offline Search for Posts by hasherdene Add hasherdene to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Incoming call issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have you setup a proper Inbound Route for this Trunk? Without one PBXes doesn't know where to route the inbound calls.

Different ITSPs (VoIP trunk providers) require different strings to route calls properly, so you have to find the proper one. If you require help, let us know with which ITSP you are having issues with.

19.08.2011 09:35 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
has

RE: Incoming call issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I setup an inbound route such that all incoming calls through this trunk come to one of my extensions.

Before setting up pbxes, I use voip clients (csipsimple, xlite) on my phone and PC to connect this voip provider. Because the provider doesn't support multiple clients, I switched to pbxes.

The IP address of the voip provider is 203.91.115.91. Unfortunately, there is no domain name. That's why I subscribed to a soho account.

Temporarily I had removed the trunk because I needed to receive a call. Now I setup the trunk again for your inspection.

Thanks.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by has on 19.08.2011 at 16:55.

19.08.2011 16:48 hasherdene is offline Search for Posts by hasherdene Add hasherdene to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

If I understand this properly, you switched to PBXes because your ITSP wouldn't support concurrent registrations.

Try sending an inbound call to your GMobile trunk and verify if your two extensions ring. Even if they don't ring, ensure the call was acknowledged by PBXes via the Call Monitor.

On another note, the 203.91.115.91 IP seems to be located close to LA, so moving your PBXes account on the NY PBXes' server, might be advantageous, even if you are located in Europe.

Take care.

19.08.2011 18:39 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
has

Yes, that's why I switched to PBXes.

I made several inbound calls to GMobile trunk and none of them were registered in the Call Monitor. When I call first, I hear nothing. After 10 seconds, a busy tone is heard. Then if I call again, the ITSP replies my account has been disconnected. It seems PBXes is disconnected from this ITSP because something wrong happened when an inbound call comes.

Perhaps, we could see what is happening if there is more verbose log.

Thanks Diafora.

19.08.2011 21:16 hasherdene is offline Search for Posts by hasherdene Add hasherdene to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Try a few more inbound calls, and let me know if your extensions ring.

19.08.2011 23:26 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
has

No, still none of them rings.

21.08.2011 09:24 hasherdene is offline Search for Posts by hasherdene Add hasherdene to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Apparently, this ITSP requires different handling for inbound calls, which requires additional investigation.

Please open a support case so we can look into it further.

23.08.2011 16:50 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
has

OK, thanks a lot.

23.08.2011 16:51 hasherdene is offline Search for Posts by hasherdene Add hasherdene to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: