PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: Using digital receptionist to get to conferences
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
met

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Using digital receptionist to get to conferences Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi
I may be missing the obvious here but is there a way of getting the digital receptionist to route callers to a conference. I can see how callers can enter an extension number which digital receptionist then forwards to the extension. But there doesnt seem to be any way to send to a conference room.

Thanks
Mike

19.08.2008 16:58 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Using digital receptionist to get to conferences Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sure there is.

Create a Classic extension and name it Conference. In its' PSTN_Number field enter 8xxx where xxx is the extension number of any of your 3-digit extensions, or 8xxxx in case of 4-digit extensions.

Then direct the Digital Receptionist to the newly created extension and your callers will end up in the conference room.

19.08.2008 17:32 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
met

RE: Using digital receptionist to get to conferences Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks - that works fine except for one thing smile

The conference doesn't seem to want to stop despite the fact that everybody has left. If you call back in, it tells you that you are the only person in the conference but when you hang up again, the conference still doesn't stop.

How do you stop it? Does it go on for ever using up our minutes allowance? fröhlich

Well - it's finally stopped after about 10 minutes - all on its own smile What is going on? Is there a bug?

Thanks

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by met on 20.08.2008 at 00:37.

20.08.2008 00:28 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

RE: State of conference rooms Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As far as I know, and I am not certain, every extension has its' own conference room which is always available. If no one is in the room it is on StandBy mode.

I don't think it consumes any traffic on StandBy mode, if it has no participants. So when you join a conference room and you are alone, you get that message along with the On Hold music.

I am not sure if the streaming of the On Hold music counts on your traffic or minute allowance.

20.08.2008 01:42 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
met

I was just concerned because if you look at the status screen you see the minutes ticking away even though nobody is in the conference. But if as you say it doesn't count towards your minute allowance then I don't care if it shows as having one participant in error or not smile

Thanks for your help.

20.08.2008 11:40 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Clarification for the use of Conference Rooms in Traffic Totals Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have now verified the information regarding the use of Conference Rooms, whether their use counts against the monthly traffic totals, and it does.

In addition when there is only one participant in the room, listening to the streaming of the On Hold music while they wait for others to join, it also counts against the monthly traffic totals.

Regarding the issue you brought up, that at the end of a conference call a single user remains in the room, please verify if it corresponds to the CDRs in the Call Monitor.

If the additional time is being accounted in the CDR for that particular call from the extension, please report it here so we can look into the issue.

20.08.2008 14:00 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
met

Just to clarify - my problem was that once ALL users had left conference room it still showed on the status display as having one participant and the time continued to count. If somebody calls back in to the conference however, they are told that they are the only person in the conference. So - there is a problem somewhere - the conference does not seem to recognise when everybody has left!

20.08.2008 14:11 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
mil

As the original poster to this thread, we want to use the digital receptionist to have outside parties join a conference. Trouble is that we can only get 1 outside person dial an extension that is dialing an 8xxx conference code. An additional person dialing the same extension can not join the same conference.

A workaround would be to have each caller use a separate extension, but that is more confusing than helpful.

What we tried is to have the digital receptionist define a ring group that dials multiple extensions, all pointing to the same conference. This should work if one of them were "busy", but doesn't, no matter whehter we select ringall, hunt or memoryhunt.

We are looking for a solution to easily have a couple of outside people join a conference call. Any assistance is appreciated.

02.09.2009 22:05 millc is offline Search for Posts by millc Add millc to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Check your call waiting setting in extension.

02.09.2009 22:22 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mil

This works - thank you. To summarize:
* define X as a classic extension that dials a conference room. To have a classic extension dial a conference room Y, enter 8Y into the PSTN_Number field. Extension X has to have Call Waiting enabled by checking the box.
As a background, there are as many conference rooms as extensions. If there is an extension Y=100, the associated conference room is 8100.

* to join a conference using the digital receptionist, have the menu selection (let's call it Z) dial extension X that was defined above.

There is no need to use individual extensions for different external callers.

In the above example, internal callers use X to join the conference; external callers use Z at the digital receptionist (or, alternatively, are transferred by an internal caller)

Hint: if you want to have the same dial-in for both internal and external callers, have 8Y = Z

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mil on 03.09.2009 at 00:22.

02.09.2009 23:56 millc is offline Search for Posts by millc Add millc to your Buddy List
rtm

I think I found an alternative, correct me if I am wrong.

Instead of using a classical extension to get into the conference call, one can also use a Ring Group with a single conference room as destination followed by a #.

Eg.

Ring group 4:
8xxx#

Where 8xxx is the conference room.

This way you save (the hassle) of setting up/ wasting an extension if you have a limited number of them.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by rtm on 05.06.2011 at 20:56.

05.06.2011 20:55 rtmont is offline Search for Posts by rtmont Add rtmont to your Buddy List
pij
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 20.08.2011

Zitat:
Originally posted by rtmont
I think I found an alternative, correct me if I am wrong.

Instead of using a classical extension to get into the conference call, one can also use a Ring Group with a single conference room as destination followed by a #.

Eg.

Ring group 4:
8xxx#

Where 8xxx is the conference room.

This way you save (the hassle) of setting up/ wasting an extension if you have a limited number of them.

This indeed seems to work. Good tip.

About the call timer continuing after the last caller left the conference room, that is still a fact.
Just set up a conference call with 3 internal extensions. When the first one hung up, the status screen showed 2 participants, going to 1 participant after the second extension hung up, but staying at 1 participant even after the last participant (who was hearing MOH) hung op.
The extensions all show green in the status screen.
In the call monitor everything seems okay, since I had a short conference call and the last entry was only a bit longer than 1 minute while the conference room showed 1 participant left for about 10 more minutes (estimate).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by pij on 24.08.2011 at 23:02.

24.08.2011 22:59 pijnappels is offline Search for Posts by pijnappels Add pijnappels to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: