PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Extending the ring time to external extensions
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dub

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Extending the ring time to external extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have a number of office premise extensions and have programmed my extensions to reliably forward to these extensions. The problem is that after three rings or so, the calls go to a congestion tone or a busy tone if I disable voicemail. I usually disable voicemail because these people have their own voicemail and we would prefer for the call to reach that voicemail. Is there a way to increase the number of rings in such a connection?

16.05.2006 13:34 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Try this and let us know if it resolves the issue.

Under General Settings increase the value of "Number of seconds to ring phones before sending callers to voicemail" to 50 seconds and see if this helps.

16.05.2006 16:09 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
eco
Premium Account

Registration Date: 05.12.2008

Fragezeichen RE: Extending the ring time to external extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

Same problem here: on some extensions, we use the "All calls" or "If no answer after 20 seconds" to forward to an external number. It rings only for about 10 seconds, then the caller party get the message "Cannot be dialed, please try your call again later" and the Call Monitor says "Congestion".

I've tried to increase to ring for 50 seconds before sending callers to voicemail in General Settings, but there was not difference.

We use the same trunk for each leg (incoming call and outgoing forwarding), but I have tried to use a different trunk and this made no difference.

The extension is ecodev-500 (DID: +41327241500) and the forward number is 10327257779 rewritten via a Dial Patern to +41327257779. There is an outbound route matching this number (for accounting purpose)

Let me know if you need more information to investigate.

Thanks for you help

Sylvain Tissot
Ecodev Sàrl
Switzerland

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by eco on 08.03.2011 at 17:15.

08.03.2011 17:10 ecodev is offline Search for Posts by ecodev Add ecodev to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: