PBXes » English » Providers » RE: Sipgate UK won't connect - "add credit to your account"
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mun

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Sipgate UK won't connect - "add credit to your account" Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've got an Android Phone running SIPdroid, and I'm having trouble getting my SIPgate UK account to work.

I've got one extension, set up as follows:
Display Name: munkymack
URL: pbxes.org/munkymack
Dial Options
username: munkymack-6280
pass: blank
language: english
dtmf: auto
audio bypass: no
connection check: no
handoff: no
dial: SIP/munkymack-6280

I've got two Trunks:
GTALK (standard set-up)
UKSipgate:
dtmf: auto
audio bypass: no
sendrpid: no
username: 7 digit as provided
pass: 8 character as provided
server: sipgate.co.uk
domain: blank
register: yes (inbound and outbound)
All other options are left blank

Inbound Routing:
GTALK: Points to my extension, Force Regular Hours, Everything else blank
UKSipgate: Points to my extension, Force Regular Hours, Everything else blank

Outbound Routing:
GTALK: Valid for all numbers, everything else blank
UKSipgate: Valid for Numbers Starting by: +44, everything else blank

I'm obviously using GTALK to connect to numbers in the US, and I'd like to use UKSipgate to talk to my British friends.

However, whenever i try to call out to a british number, I hear "login to add credit to your account" in a female american english voice. I assume this means i'm somehow connecting through Google Voice, even though it's not connecting to google voice via the app on my phone. So that leads me to believe the problem is with how I am set up.

What should I change?

14.11.2010 20:45 munkymack is offline Search for Posts by munkymack Add munkymack to your Buddy List
nat
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.05.2008

RE: Sipgate UK won't connect - "add credit to your account" Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

hi

why dont you move gtalk outbound route after UKSipgate route, this should be done under Outbound Routing tab. Arrange as given below assuming as per your setup mentioned above

› 0 UKSipgate
› 1 GTALK

i think this should solve your problem.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by nat on 14.11.2010 at 22:12.

14.11.2010 22:05 natures is offline Search for Posts by natures Add natures to your Buddy List
dst
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 27.09.2010

RE: Sipgate UK won't connect - "add credit to your account" Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

munkymack : in addition to what natures suggested, remember that outbound routing is selected by "first match" and not "best match" as routes are scanned from lower number to the higher number. Once there is a match, that route will be selected although there might be a better match on a higher route, therefore the order of outbound routes is significant.

14.11.2010 23:54 dstol28 is offline Search for Posts by dstol28 Add dstol28 to your Buddy List
mun

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

Thanks dstol & natures. I actually didn't realize that was how outbound routing was selected.

Now when I try to connect, SIPdroid starts the dialing process, and then the phone immediately hangs up. Here's an entry from the call status (I attempted three calls, all of them look exactly the same):

2010-11-15 | 10:14:25 | "munkymack" <6280> | +447580748199 | ron34-3-82-236-236 -223.fbx.proxad.net | UKSipgate | from-internal-cont | Busy | 00:00:00

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mun on 15.11.2010 at 11:30.

15.11.2010 03:08 munkymack is offline Search for Posts by munkymack Add munkymack to your Buddy List
dst
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 27.09.2010

Hi munkymack,

I believe the number is not really busy, that would be too obvious...

I'm not using sipgate so I can assume one of the following:
- Insufficient credit to make the call
- Wrong number format (maybe expecting 0044 or only 44)

Try to test it while connecting to sipgate directly from SIPdroid client.

That’s what I can think of, right now

15.11.2010 19:34 dstol28 is offline Search for Posts by dstol28 Add dstol28 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: