PBXes » English » Providers » RE: ActionVOIP not working
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
nat
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.05.2008

ActionVOIP not working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello Since yesterday actionvoip is not working... can any one please confirm the problem... or am i only one facing the problem....

EDIT: i just changes from www1 to www6 and it seems to work again... admin's please look in to the matter... i normally get good sound quality & stable connection on www1 then www6... so would like to keep using www1 but also want actionvoip as trunk for cheap calls

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by nat on 29.10.2010 at 23:55.

29.10.2010 23:32 natures is offline Search for Posts by natures Add natures to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: ActionVOIP not working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We understand the reasons everyone is using SIP trunks for cheap PSTN calls.

What we don't understand is, why when these trunks fail to function, how come no case is opened with ActionVoIP or any other Betamax clone first, wait for their reply and then open a case in the PBXes forum & paste their answer?

It has been mentioned recently in this forum, that Betamax has blocked a few PBXes servers' IPs, and that no calls could terminate from any PBXes account hosted on these servers, to the Betamax SIP Proxies.

Armed with this info, please open a case with ActionVoIP and lets expect their reply. We will all be waiting anxiously.

04.11.2010 17:05 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tic
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 17.06.2010

RE: ActionVOIP not working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, after some googling it would be obvious that it would be of no help.

Here's my experience with Nonoh which is another betamax clone:
1) oppened 10 EUR account, only worked for 2 weeks with moderate usage (definetely less than industry-standart 50 calls/day treshhold)
2) lots of calls were NOT free (as one would expect from tariffs). Anyway 0.005 EUR/min is cheap enough that i didn't care
3) I'm new to SIP, was experimenting with PBXes and different phones calling to 2-3 local city numbers (short calls), and some international ones
4) in 2 weeks the trunk stopped registering, i've found that famous wholesale message in logs, googled and found out what betamax is.
5) filed a complaint in nonoh help. Got fairly quick response that they're sorry and the request was FORWARDED to technical department. (like it's not a mass issue.)
6) that was the last thing i heard from them. further requests resulted in no response.
7) there's no phone to call and escalate the problem further.

This Betamax business with its super-complex user agreement (almost impossible to understand for a common person, even US licence agreements are normally not that creative) looks like a scam. What's even more depressing, there are numerous complaints of unauthorized credit card charges by BetaMax - so watch your accounts.

it's a shame for german business (Betamax is german, right?), i would expect something like this to be in Africa, not in Germany.

So, Diafora, am i right that using Betamax as a trunk is technically not a question, as the problem is not with PBXes?

i've tried callswithus and the quality is much worse. would you recommend us anything cheaper than Skype for random international calling?

thanks in advance

08.11.2010 13:13 tico is offline Search for Posts by tico Add tico to your Buddy List
nat
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.05.2008

hello tico,

On recommendation of Diafora i sent email to technical department of actionvoip from their website, i also received quick response that they have forwaded the complain to technical department, its 3 days and no reply till now. i think my complain will also have same faith as yours.

Had been using action voip since last 8 months, but neve faced any problem.

Hope i get reply from actionvoip and problem is solved.

Further during this problem i have tried voip.ms as alternative, their service is good and also voice quality is good, i would recommend you should try voip.ms, also localphone.com is good, though their rates are slightly higher but quality is even better, i have been using their services for DID and also for calls to som destinations.

Regards

Deven

09.11.2010 19:00 natures is offline Search for Posts by natures Add natures to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey tico,

As far as we know, there is no SIP interconnection issues between any PBXes server and the Betamax SIP Proxies.

10.11.2010 16:46 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dst
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 27.09.2010

I can share my experience with one of BETAMAX variants: Rynga.com

Although I read previous threads on the forums here, regarding Betamax, I decided to give it a try.

The result was that all my calls from PBXes we rejected by Rynga.
A ticket I opened with their support was answered with a laconic statement that I cannot make calls from this IP and I should change my IP.

At least they were fair enough to refund my credit, after I requested them to do so.

I gave up their attractive rates (specially the FREE ones). There are many other SIP providers with competitive rates and good voice quality, so there is no reason for me to compromise on the convenience of using PBXes.

11.11.2010 16:10 dstol28 is offline Search for Posts by dstol28 Add dstol28 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Well, you were lucky. They still have not refunded my funds, and a Paypal dispute didn't help, since there was no physical shipment of goods involved. Thanks a lot Paypal.

14.11.2010 02:19 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: