PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: addressbook / inbound route
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baz

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
traurig addressbook / inbound route Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I have calls from my 0800 (freephone) number provider directed directly to an inbound route via a uri which is an inbound route. When calls hit an inbound route directly without coming from a trunk, there doesn't appear to be any lookup performed on the number against the contact list. At least, that's what it looks like to me anyway.

Is there anyway to enable it, or should I not be doing what I'm doing...?

Thanks

edit: I've confirmed it, that's pretty much it. A name in the address book is ignored for calls to @pbxes.org, where as if I dial the trunk it's fine. I can see the logic here... but is there a way around it?

edit: This is kinda important to me, as a lot of my calls come direct rather than over a trunk. Can it be enbled? Is there a work around?

edit: Anyone? This looks like a bug... surely numbers should be looked up in the address book no matter where the call comes from. This should apply to outbound calls too but doesn't seem to. Unless it works for other people?

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by baz on 07.10.2010 at 11:34.

16.09.2010 16:31 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
arn

RE: addressbook / inbound route Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I tested by forwarding one DID at Callcentric to my @pbxes.org SIP address.

PBXes made a lookup in my Phone Book and displayed the callers name exactly as it is in the Phone Book.

It looks like it works as it should.

19.10.2010 14:13 arnebolen is offline Search for Posts by arnebolen Add arnebolen to your Buddy List
baz

RE: addressbook / inbound route Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hmm thanks for that... Though it definitely does not work when I do it. Any ideas why? Are they not passing something correctly to pbxes?

Thanks for having a look

19.10.2010 15:42 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
arn

Have you set up an inbound route for your SIP address?

If not, you need to set up an inbound route. Under "Edit Incoming Route" in the Trunk box you enter the name you have before @pbxes.org, do not include the "@pbxes.org" part. Leave the "Caller ID Number" box empty.

20.10.2010 00:48 arnebolen is offline Search for Posts by arnebolen Add arnebolen to your Buddy List
baz

receiving calls isn't a problem.... It's the address book lookup that doesn't appear to work

20.10.2010 10:32 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
arn

You need the inbound route in order for the address book lookup to work.

Before you purchase support time I suggest you go to "Personal Data" and click on the "Submit & Start" button, this will restart your PBX.

20.10.2010 16:28 arnebolen is offline Search for Posts by arnebolen Add arnebolen to your Buddy List
baz

Yes as I said, receiving the calls isn't the problem. I have the inbound routes. That isnt the problem. Try creating an inbound route, then call that directly and see if the number lookup works.

edit: anyone? iptel? should this work? is there anything my number provide can do to make it work better?

edit2: well, I changed the number format to send it in uk not international format, and now it matches. It was sent as +44 format and didn't match anything (even +44 numbers in the address book). Now its sends as 0xxx format, and does match. Even matching the ones that are in +44 format. Strange. I thought it matched the last seven digits of the number, so no idea why sending it as+44 doesn't work.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by baz on 11.12.2010 at 22:49.

20.10.2010 17:13 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: