PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: call forward from one extension to another
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mbr
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.08.2010

call forward from one extension to another Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

What is the function of the dial field on the extensions page?

According to an old message I read it was created to allow for forwarding to unregistered external pbxes. But when a new sip extension is created it seems to be populatedby default with: SIP/<userid>-<nnn> as if it was set to call itself.

Beyond the general question of the field's function, my real question how to get one extension act as an alias to another, ie, autoforward to another extension on the same system. I have tried putting SIP/<user-id>-<nnn> in the forward field without success. Am I using the wrong syntax? Should I be using that Dial field?

Any help would be appreciated.

31.08.2010 00:30 mbronstein is offline Search for Posts by mbronstein Add mbronstein to your Buddy List
baz

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: call forward from one extension to another Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi

There's a "call forwarding" section. Why not use the "all calls" option?

I use the "dial" section to have an extension set as a callthru.

31.08.2010 09:46 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
mbr
Grünschnabel

RE: call forward from one extension to another Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

>>There's a "call forwarding" section. Why not use the "all calls" option?

I tried but didnt work what how should the entry be formatted assuming I wanted calls forwarded to userid-22

>>I use the "dial" section to have an extension set as a callthru.

Can you explain?

31.08.2010 18:26 mbronstein is offline Search for Posts by mbronstein Add mbronstein to your Buddy List
mar

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

Example on call forwarding:

Create extension NN1
Create extension NN2
Make sure they both work (make and receive a couple testcalls)

Now, if you want NN2 to receive calls when NN1 is unavailable (or busy, or ringing too much):

Go to extension NN1
Choose the proper forwarding field (all, busy, no answer, etc)
Enter only the extension number (in this example, NN2)
Click Submit and Apply (red bar)

Now calls to NN1 are forwarded to NN2

About the "Dial" field in extensions, it is used for inbound routing.

Example: if you want your extensions to ring from 7 am to 23 pm only, you can do it using Inbound Routing.

Step-by-step:

Go to your extension (say NN1)
In "Dial" field, replace SIP/username-NN1 by SIP/username-anynameyoulike@pbxes.org
Submit and Apply

Go to Inbound Routing
Creat route username-anynameyoulike (important, it must be the same name used on the previous step)
On Regular Hours Field, click Extension (so calls during regular hours will ring your extension)
On Special Services, leave blank (for now)
On After Hours, click Voicemail or Hang Up (so calls placed after hours won`t ring your phone at all).
On Regular Hours, write 7:00-23:00 (this is the time of the day you are willing to take calls, according to the example)
On Days, write which days of the week you want these rules to apply (since this information was omitted in the example, write *)
Select No Override
Submit and Apply

Other very useful features of Inbound Routing are Callback and Callthru. Take some further reading on these features on the forum and, if it is still not clear, you may call me at SIP:marcelcalil@pbxes.org (the prompt is in Portuguese, but please press 1 and leave a message on my voicemail).

Hope it helps.

Best Regards.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mar on 01.09.2010 at 03:44.

01.09.2010 03:43 marcelcalil is offline Search for Posts by marcelcalil Add marcelcalil to your Buddy List
mbr
Grünschnabel

Thanks so much for your reply.

The problem was that I was entering userid-nnn in the call forward field instead of just nnn.

It would be great if the extensions screen had a note clarifying this next to the data entry field.

thanks also for you explanation of the dial field function. i am going to look at that now.

Best regards.

01.09.2010 03:56 mbronstein is offline Search for Posts by mbronstein Add mbronstein to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: