PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: CallThru Dial Tone doesn't go away when dialling
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.06.2009

Achtung CallThru Dial Tone doesn't go away when dialling Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello.

Recently (about 1 to 2 months ago) I started to have problems with the CallThru dial tone: I start punching in the numbers but the dial tone doesn't go away. Sometimes but not always I can bypass this by keeping the first digit pressed for 2 seconds; only then the dial tone goes away and I can dial the rest of the number normally.

I have two providers that are configured for CallThru: a Voxalot trunk that is accessed via SIP Broker numbers and a Localphone DID that is configured for CallThru. Both trunks experience this problem. I have been using CallTrhu with Voxalot for a year now and the Localphone DID for more than 6 months and never had any issues so far so I am thinking something changed (or a BUG popped up) in PBXes setup. Also it is worth mentioning that the problems appear randomly: sometimes everything works fine sometimes it just doesn't but I haven't found any pattern how and why this is happening.

Could someone investigate this issue and maybe find a solution please?

Thank you.
Claudiu

EDIT:
Any news or info, I would really like some feedback in troubleshooting this issue? For instance this morning I couldn't get passed the Dial Tone when dialing from a Nokia 2730 mobile phone but when I tried with a Nokia E51 mobile phone and it worked from the first try. Could it be a phone issue or was it just coincidence?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by 181 on 04.08.2010 at 14:22.

26.07.2010 15:39 181974 is offline Search for Posts by 181974 Add 181974 to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: CallThru Dial Tone doesn't go away when dialling Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Check dtmf mode on your trunk, this might make a difference. try different settings to see the result

04.08.2010 22:55 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
Grünschnabel

RE: CallThru Dial Tone doesn't go away when dialling Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry for the empty post, but I received an email with a reply alert from Bobmats but for some reason I can't see his post, only my first.

EDIT: I still can't see Bobmats reply even after this update. Very strange.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 181 on 05.08.2010 at 05:17.

05.08.2010 05:16 181974 is offline Search for Posts by 181974 Add 181974 to your Buddy List
baz

I'm a voip newbie, but I'll take a stab... if the dial tone isn't going away, then for whatever reason the DTMF tone isn't being picked up.

How are you sending them (the tones) and what codec are you using?

05.08.2010 09:57 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
bob

Zitat:
Originally posted by 181974
Sorry for the empty post, but I received an email with a reply alert from Bobmats but for some reason I can't see his post, only my first.

EDIT: I still can't see Bobmats reply even after this update. Very strange.

Check dtmf mode on your trunk / extension, this might make a difference. try different settings to see the result

05.08.2010 10:39 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
Grünschnabel

I am sending them directly from the phone dial-pad, I don't use any application for dialing. And about the codec I really don't know, I guess I use the codec any standard phone would use; in my case I mostly dial from Nokia cell phones.

I still can't see Bobmats replies in this thread. The only thing I can see is there are 4 replies so far, but I can only see mine and Bazmercer's. What is going on with the forum ? Can somebody else do a copy & paste with his replies please?

UPDATE

I have modified the DTMF to rfc2833 and personally I don'y't have any problems on my on phone anymore but it just doesn't work on my sister phone. Using my Nokia E51 it works perfectly now but using my sister's Nokia 2730 classic the dial tone doesn't go away, it doesn't even register a single tone. What is weird is if I call the voicemail or any other service that requires DTMF it works on the Nokia 2730 so the phone is sending the tones, it's just for some reason PBXes is not picking them up.
I am left scratching my head not knowing what to do next and WHY only the Nokia 2730 is left having problems?

Any ideas or suggestions please?

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by 181 on 18.08.2010 at 15:05.

05.08.2010 14:44 181974 is offline Search for Posts by 181974 Add 181974 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: