PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Outbound Caller Id
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dea
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 11.06.2010

Outbound Caller Id Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am evaluating pbxes / CallCentric for my home office. I had a free account and was able to get everything working the way I want except ad-hoc outbound caller id. I need to set cid based on the extension. I set the cid on each extension in pbxes, but it doesn't work. I signed up for the pbxes SoHo account so I could ask this question.

Calcentric says the following:

To send the caller ID number of a DID on your account or an already verified number within the SIP INVITE message of an outbound call you will need to have your user agent (UA) attach any of the following headers, which are supported by most IP PBX's (check your vendor's documentation for support), to your outbound calls:

P-ASSERTED-IDENTITY
P-PREFERRED-IDENTITY
REMOTE-PARTY-ID

When we receive an outbound call from your UA with any of the above headers, and that header includes a caller ID number that is a DID on your account OR has been verified on your account we will pass that as the outbound caller ID for that call; over-riding any settings in your Callcentric account preferences.

• It looks like this would be possible in the pbxes Pro account by setting sendprid=yes.
• Is it possible to add sendprid to the appropriate pbxes configuration screens?
• Is there any other way to add ad-hoc outbound cid to either the free pbxes account od the soho pbxes account?

Please add the sendprid = yes/no to the Extension configuration screen. This would facilitate outbound cid definition based on extension for trunk providers such as CallCentric.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 07.07.2010 at 12:12.

02.07.2010 19:47 deanonh is offline Search for Posts by deanonh Add deanonh to your Buddy List
nsc
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.06.2010

RE: Outbound Caller Id Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would like the sendrpid=yes option as well so that outbound caller ID will work properly. Thanks.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by nsc on 07.07.2010 at 06:05.

07.07.2010 06:04 nsc is offline Search for Posts by nsc Add nsc to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Outbound Caller Id Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey Dean,

In order for this feature to be properly implemented, the developers would like for all concerned to outline the application(s) or call scenario(s) this can be used for. By doing so, the developers should be able to decide whether to enable the sendprid parameter on the trunks or the extensions as well. In addittion, they should also be able to judge whether some other parameter will need to be changed as well, in order for a particular call scenario to take place.

• One possible scenario is to allow each extension to display a different CallerID number on outgoing calls using the CallCentric trunk, which could be changed manually via the extension setup in the Web UI.
• Another possible scenario is to use the CallCentric trunk to call a PSTN number, but specifying the outgoing CallerID number based on the CallerID of an inbound call on another trunk with a DID.

So let us know what you have in mind.

07.07.2010 13:18 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
nsc
Grünschnabel

I am not Dean, but third application in addition to those you listed would be to pass through caller ID on a trunk when forwarding to a classic extension.

07.07.2010 13:24 nsc is offline Search for Posts by nsc Add nsc to your Buddy List
dea
Grünschnabel

Hi Diafora,

I prefer your 1st scenario, setting outbound cid based on the originating extension.

In our home my wife & I have 2 Google voice numbers, 3 cellphone numbers, 1 CallCentric outbound trunk, & 1 CallCentric inbound did. Most of these numbers are CallCentric verified. As soon as we work out the pbxes outbound cid issue, we will verify the remaining numbers. CallCentric will deliver as outbound cid any verified number. My wife & I each have home businesses. We want to be able to supply different outbound cid based on whether the call is personal or business related.

The outbound cid based on trunk is of no use to us now.

The outbound cid based on extension allows us to configure SIP softphones on our pcs or smartphones.

Even if we had multiple outbound trunks, the extension based outbound cid is still more useful.

Thanks for your prompt & continued support,

Dean

07.07.2010 14:35 deanonh is offline Search for Posts by deanonh Add deanonh to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

@deanonh: The call application you describe is perfectly valid, but you should inquire with CallCentric, how many concurrent channels for outgoing calls they will allow you to use via one trunk.

The number should be at least 3 channels, in case you and your wife happen to be on an outgoing call, and you or her decide to have a conference call by dialing the PSTN number of another participant.

@nsc: Thanks for your input, but I think the call scenario you described as a 3rd option, is actually covered by the 2nd scenario. Every classic extension is a PSTN number.

07.07.2010 17:12 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dea
Grünschnabel

My current CallCentric configuration allows 1 incoming & 1 outgoing call. We are willing to live with this restriction for now. We can always add more trunks if needed later. That's one of the reasons for us to use a pbx.

I've already agreed to buying a limited amount of support or is pbxes going to add the sendprid toggle to the extension's configuration screen?

What is the next step & time frame to test extension based outbound cid?

Thx again,

Dean

07.07.2010 17:53 deanonh is offline Search for Posts by deanonh Add deanonh to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey Dean,

There will not be any requirement to purchase support credit at this stage, for the purpose of enabling the sendprid setting in your account.

The developers will review the feedback from this thread, and hopefully enable the sendprid toggle for extensions as well as trunks. Once this is accessible on the web UI, you should be able to test your call scenario and let us know if it works properly.

Hopefully, a few other people will test it as well with trunks other than CallCentric and will provide us with their feedback.

08.07.2010 07:19 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
nsc
Grünschnabel

This is good news. I just want to point out that the option is sendrpid not sendprid -- I'm sure that it will need to be spelled properly for the new code to work correctly. I will test this on my Callcentric trunk as soon as it is implemented. Thanks!

08.07.2010 13:36 nsc is offline Search for Posts by nsc Add nsc to your Buddy List
dea
Grünschnabel

Diafora,

I agree this is encouraging news.

@nsc; Thanks for correcting sendprid to sendrpid.

Trunk based outbound cid is useless for me.

I really do hope the developers will implement extension based outbound cid. I will test it as soon as it is implemented.

When can we expect this feature to be implemented?

Thx,

Dean

08.07.2010 15:02 deanonh is offline Search for Posts by deanonh Add deanonh to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Dean,

I will update this thread, as soon as I have news.

08.07.2010 15:43 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tin

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

I would also like sendrpid=yes for my extensions. I currently use callcentric and need for each of my extensions to have different callback numbers rather than the one DID that I purchased from Callcentric. Thank you,

24.07.2010 10:54 tinybear is offline Search for Posts by tinybear Add tinybear to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

It would be nice to know if the sendrpid option actually works before changing the UI. Anbody volunteering for testing it out? You can use the free trial period of PBXes PRO to get access to the option in Source View.

27.07.2010 17:38 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
tin

I'd be willing to test it out but would you be able to simply edit my conf files without switching over to PBXES pro?

I have a couple of extensions, not sure if I would have to pay for 1 in the free trial (and just get 1 for free). And I'm a little concerned of going from PRO back to SOHO and if there may be any issues there. If not I'd be glad to do it.

27.07.2010 18:03 tinybear is offline Search for Posts by tinybear Add tinybear to your Buddy List
dea
Grünschnabel

I feel the same as tinybear. I'd be willing to test it, but would prefer to test it directly using the extension configuration screen rather than modifying global conf files. I don't want to break anything.

I guess you could also set up test SOHO accounts for tinybear & I so we don't have to modify our presently working setups.

05.08.2010 15:29 deanonh is offline Search for Posts by deanonh Add deanonh to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

Registration Date: 17.10.2007

Zitat:
Originally posted by tinybear
I would also like sendrpid=yes for my extensions. I currently use callcentric and need for each of my extensions to have different callback numbers rather than the one DID that I purchased from Callcentric. Thank you,

I would also like sendrpid=yes for my extensions, as currently use callcentric. Any update when this services will be available.

10.09.2010 07:21 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
mbr
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.08.2010

after adding to the thread on this issue in the Providers Forum, I found the thread here.

When will a switch to toggle the sendrpid variable be available?

18.09.2010 18:52 mbronstein is offline Search for Posts by mbronstein Add mbronstein to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Outbound Caller Id Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The new option is available now.

03.10.2010 21:19 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
wpr

I've enabled the option on my trunks and Im using VoicePulse. I have it setup like so, but its not working. Can someone let me know if this is incorrect?

My goal is like most of the others, where Id like to have calls into my extension forwarded to my Google Voice number but retain the caller id of the original caller.

- Trunks have caller id set as my business caller id
- My extension has no caller id set
- My extension forwards unanswered called to a classic extension
- Classic extension has caller id set as "<1${DOLLAR}{CALLERIDNUM}>"
- Classic extension forwards all calls to my GV number

Does this sound correct?

05.10.2010 01:58 wprater is offline Search for Posts by wprater Add wprater to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

Registration Date: 17.10.2007

thanks

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mon on 30.11.2010 at 12:00.

29.11.2010 18:57 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: