PBXes » English » Providers » RE: DID numbers for SUDAN
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.06.2009

Fragezeichen DID numbers for SUDAN Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone.

Normally I wouldn't open a topic about this (I hope it is permitted by PBXes) but I need all the help & info I can get. I need a DID number for Sudan, but I can't find anything available on the internet. I spent an hour googling for it and I still have nothing. Does anyone have any idea where I can find one?

Thank you.
Claudiu

17.07.2010 13:55 181974 is offline Search for Posts by 181974 Add 181974 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: DID numbers for SUDAN Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I doubt you will find any DIDs for Sudan, or any other African country, except South Africa due to the recent soccer games.

There are hardly any connections to the Internet, except over satellite, their PSTN infrastructure is antiquated, their telecom policies non existent, so the likelihood of finding an ITSP which has invested money to offer DIDs is quite low. They would rather use their voice channels to terminate calls instead of originating them. Higher profits, less bureaucracy that way.

But if you have someone in country with a broadband Internet connection, and a second phone line, then you might use a one port PSTN gateway to use that number as a DID. Hopefully their Internet connection won't be that saturated, so it will be able to support a single call.

18.07.2010 10:53 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: DID numbers for SUDAN Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Most african countries have skipped regular pstn telefone networks. Onces that still have are outdated on limited to small area's.

Mobile phones are the way to communicate in Africa and much cheper to deplay compared to regular lines.

On google you might find some companies like sipbroker that offer did number from many countries. Typically they are not the cheapest but if they don't have a did from a specific country you might not find it at all.

18.07.2010 20:51 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.06.2009

Thanks for your replies. Yeah, it seems I'm looking for something that doesn't exist and I don't have anyone in the country who can help me.

Claudiu.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 181 on 18.07.2010 at 21:43.

18.07.2010 21:41 181974 is offline Search for Posts by 181974 Add 181974 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: