PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Phone book
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
met

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Phone book Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have just noticed that an option called phone book has appeared (maybe this was there all the time and I didn't notice fröhlich.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work - it just keeps asking me for my time zone and then nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?

I would like to be able to install a phone book centrally so that all users can look up extension numbers on their IP phone (we use Linksys SPA9xx serious). Is this possible?

Thanks

Mike

09.09.2008 11:46 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Phone book Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's a new feature for displaying CallerID names. We have corrected the bug. Now the timezone will only be asked once.

Do your phones support remote phone books?

09.09.2008 14:36 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
met

RE: Phone book Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't know if my phones support remote phone books or not.

I have only just got them. They are Linksys SPA941.s. Don't know if anybody else knows??

It would be great if they did. Is this what the phonebook feature in pbxes is supposed to provide?

Thanks

09.09.2008 16:28 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Phone book explanation Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As far as I know, the Linksys SPA-9xx phones have built-in phone-book capability, but no way to import or export their phone-book entries.

In contrast, Snom phones (360) support Import & Export of their phone-book entries, but neither Snom nor Linksys support remote phone-books.

Both phones will display the inbound Caller ID Number and the inserted Caller ID Name, gleaned from PBXes' remote phone-book lookup. During or after the call in the SPA, after the call ends in the Snom, the pair of name & number can be saved in the local phone book of the phones.

At this point, I am not aware of any phone which supports remote phone books.

09.09.2008 18:09 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mob

I'm using Yealink SIP-T28P IP Phones which support remote URL phone book.

What would the URL be to access our phonebook remotely?

13.06.2010 22:51 mobiletelecom is offline Search for Posts by mobiletelecom Add mobiletelecom to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Since we are revisiting this topic a few years later, I should add that in recent firmware versions both the Snom phones and the Linksys SPA-962, support corporate phonebooks via an LDAP implementation. Also, the Siemens Gigaset phones support some form of LDAP, even if it is via a hidden URL.

The Yealink phones require a URL and the explanation provided is: "Remote phone book. This feature allows you to download contact list from the server. Input the phonebook URL and rename the phonebook". No other details provided even in their manual.

So if an LDAP implementation of the current phone book is created, a lot of phones will be served.

15.06.2010 12:25 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: