PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: new paypal creditcard
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
new paypal creditcard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have a new paypal credit card.

My old one has been deactivated and therefor my subscribtion has been cancelled.

I have paid till end of this month so when I add another subscribtion I am paying double.

How can this best be done ?
New subscribtion starting when ?

My old subscribtion was cancelled because I received a new credit card. Because of this my account would have been blocked. The account would have been valid till 23 when the new payment is made.

I had to buy a new subscription before the date that I had still paid. Meaning I paid double !

A lthought it's just a small sum I would like to have a responce for this problem.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 20.05.2010 at 21:07.

14.05.2010 14:33 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
eco
Premium Account

Registration Date: 05.12.2008

RE: new paypal creditcard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Dear PayPal,

I have 2 yearly subscription with the seller I-P-Tel (PayPal acccount: presse@i-p-tel.com):

S-2GP82483DM3445638 (Subscription date: 5. Feb 2010), last payment 5.2.2010 €119.40 EUR, "Yearly Premium subscription for ecodev"
S-0PW32399S28918014 (Subscription date: 8. Jul 2009), last payment 8.7.2019 -€59.40 EUR, "Yearly Premium subscription for opf"

Suddenly they were cancelled without reason on May 28 2010. Hint: it appears that the credit card linked to my Profile has expired, so I have just added a new one.

I want you to restore my subscription asap, because the provider want to cancel its service even since I have paid for 1 full year! I have not been notified in advance by Paypal that my credit card would expire.

Regards

28.05.2010 07:44 ecodev is offline Search for Posts by ecodev Add ecodev to your Buddy List
bob

RE: new paypal creditcard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

ecodev,

What seems to happen is that pbxes does'nt feel answering this question.

The situation is very simple.

You pay every month using a paypal subscription.
Example you rtart 1th oth the month and the next payment is due 1st of the other month.

Now for some reason your credit card expires or gets removed in my case as I had a new number.

Automatically your pbxes subscribtion gets cancelled. This by itself should be no problem as you have pay for a full month.

The problem is that whenever pbxes seems to get the message that a subscribtion has been cancelled automatically your account will be suspended.

Here is where the problems starts. If paypal cancels on the 14th you have still paid till the first of the month. PBXEX decides that they don't care and cancel anyhow.
To solve the problem you have to buy a new subscription meaning that you will pay extra.

In your case since you paid per year you have an even bigger problems/

So far ip-tel has left no responce whatsoever about this issue and how to resolve this. By not responding it seems like he doesn't care or is letting people pay twice for something they have allready paid for.

Maybe the problem is a technical problem and payment and everything is done automatically and he has to issue a credit manually. But this has also not been done.

28.05.2010 09:48 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
eco
Premium Account

Registration Date: 05.12.2008

Daumen runter! RE: new paypal creditcard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

In the PayPal profile, on the "preapproved payments" page, one can clearly see the recurring subscription have been cancelled without reason. But the page does not provide a way to add/resume a subscription, we only get this message :

Zitat:
You haven't set up any Preapproved Payments yet. They're an easier and more secure way to send money or automate payments.To get started, go to our client's website that offers PayPal Preapproved Payments

Even if it's a PayPal bug to cancel subscription when there is no credit card (why do they bother since there are other funding options and I have >300€ PayPal balance), a new subscription for the remaining months can be created from the seller account (paypal@i-p-tel.com).

The customer is not responsible for these problems, there is no way he/she has to pay twice for a single service (or we require a refund).

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by eco on 28.05.2010 at 10:06.

28.05.2010 10:03 ecodev is offline Search for Posts by ecodev Add ecodev to your Buddy List
bob

It's not a paypal bug, it's a pbxes bug.

You cancel your subscription from paypal. pbxes than automatically cancels your subscribtion based on the payapl information. This is where things go wrong.

pbxes should not use this automatic link based on a paypal subscription. when you paid 1-1-2010 so 1 year and you cancel 1-5-2010 you have still paid till 31-12-2010.

pbxes should therefore continue the subscribtion till 31-12-2010.

pbxes is not doing that, they just cancel it.

This is not only wrong as the stop a serivce that you have paid for.

I know from the past that ip-tel is sometimes very stuborn in some things and even on this topic where it's about money he has not even take the time to respond. He might work on it, you never know but if so tell that.

In my case it's just a few euro, but still a few euro I paid to much. If it was the other ways around he would also want his money back.

So again ip-tel respond to this issue.

Also I have another request I have asked for several times.

Your service seems to include german v.a.t. It's normal for everything you pay for to get an invoice, in paper or digital. Why can't we get a digital invoice that states the paid v.a.t so this can be claimed back.

Should someone realy talk to your local finanzambt about this to get something going ?

28.05.2010 13:32 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Ecodev, we will refund 80 Euros to you if you subscribe for a new yearly subscription.

As we have no automatic solution to the problem of early cancellation yet we try to handle this by manual refunds. However, if the amount is too low (up to 10 Euros) we have a no refund policy. The handling would exceed the means if there is no cut at such a level.

We also try to address the subject in our English and German FAQs (HELP section) to avoid the problem before it arises.

28.05.2010 22:38 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Thank you for at least giving an answer. What I really wonder again is why it took so long to answer a question I asked some weeks ago. Or is it that you just don't want to answer me ?

My refund would be lower than 10 euro and you now say you have no refund policy for anything below 10 euro. Please let me know where I can find this refund policy as this is completly new to me and I can't find it in any legal terms when I signed up for this service.It's not about 5 euro is simply about paying and having to pay double for problem in your automatic system.

It should not be the customers problem and to be honest even paying 5 euro to much is 5 euro which someone is entitled to have this. As I mentioned before someone is forced to pay of the account will be closed. So kindly refund me what I paid to much.

Also I have asked why we can't get an official invoice by email. As you automate everything this should not be a problem and if you run a legit business which I assume you do, you also have records for sales and vat paid on sales.

By German law (Your Business seems to be run through a German comp[any) you are required to supply and invoice if vat is applied on a sale. A digital invoice would not cost any stamps or paperwork. If a customer does want a paper postal invoice you could even ask extra money for this, some companies do that and it's accepted, digital invoices should always come with the service.

What really wonders me again is why you don't want to answer this question is it really that hard..

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 29.05.2010 at 19:27.

29.05.2010 19:26 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Bobmats, this has been discussed in the forum several times. You can search for "refund 10 euros" for example. One discussion can be found at http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1256551968.

We also describe the way how cancellation of subscription works on our rate plan sheet. On the top it says "By cancelling your PayPal subscription it is always possible to switch back to the Free Account. To switch between the paid plans we recommend to subscribe to the new plan first before cancelling the old one."

When purchasing a subscription in the shop you get the message "By cancelling your subscription it is always possible to immediately switch back to the Free Account. No refunds."

As mentioned the subject is also covered in the wiki (FAQ section) which can be accessed by clicking on HELP.

I understand that you would wish to keep features after cancellation of your subscription as long as they have been paid for. This is technically not possible at this time. Please consider that there are also cases where users want to stop paid features on their account immediately.

The rest of your questions don't belong to this subject. They also have been discussed elsewhere. If you want to comment them please don't hesitate to do so in the relevant thread. Thanks!

29.05.2010 22:55 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

There is indeed a thread / post saying you will refund an amount lower than 10 euro. It's nice to say this in a forum but legally it has no value.

Like any other business you are bound by your terms of service that you have listed here. In these terms of service there is nowhere mentioned that there will be no refund for less than 10 euro.

So legally you are not correct, I would advice you to change your terms for your argument to be valid.

I understand that you would wish to keep features after cancellation of your subscription as long as they have been paid for. This is technically not possible at this time. Please consider that there are also cases where users want to stop paid features on their account immediately.

As with any other serivce you buy, you have the right to use the servivce till the end of the time you paid for. If I cancel my mobile tel subscription, which you even have to do 1 or 2 month before the end of the contract, I will still be able to use the serivce till the end that I paid for. The same for my newspaper and any other subscription.

you write: "When purchasing a subscription in the shop you get the message "By cancelling your subscription it is always possible to immediately switch back to the Free Account. No refunds."

Nowhere does it say that by cancelling the subscription the service will be discontinued within 24 hours, so again you argument is not valid.
No refunds would mean that if I end the subscribtion and paid for 1 year and don't want to use it I can't get a refund. But even than I am entitled to use the serivce for another 6 months.

I can turn around your argument that customers that when users want to stop paid features they can request this any you can do it by hand.

Bottumline is that you write that technically you can't stop accounts being cancelled if a subscribtion is ended. Again this is your technical choice but this should never mean that customers are not entitled to the money they paid for, even if it's less than 10 euro.

So please refund me my money as according to your terms I have every right to it.

You know, talking about time, the time it takes to discuss this, you could have taken to refund me my few euro's. This would have cost less time but more important it would show that you do care about customers. I have mentioned this several times pbxes is a great system but you seem to be unfriendly many times.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 07.06.2010 at 16:57.

07.06.2010 16:54 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: