PBXes » English » Providers » RE: Outgoing CID and CNAM
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mem

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Outgoing CID and CNAM Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am starting a new thread about this topic as the one that is relevant was hijacked by users trying to figure out CID Passthrough to mobiles. I am using les.net as my main provider and the only one I am really concerned about fixing for the time being. So, with all the combinations of caller id info that I have put in to both pbxes.org and les.net I have only gotten these results:

a)
Name: Unknown
Number: Unknown

b)
Name: Les.net 1996
Number: 646-401-XXXX (Correct info)

c)
Name: Unkown
Number: 131XXXXXX.... (les.net peer name)

* This last one happens if I leave the CAller ID box on Les.net blank.

So, does anyone have an idea how to get it to display:

Name: "My Name"
Number: "My Number"

Thank you for any help.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mem on 10.08.2008 at 17:35.

10.08.2008 17:27 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Outgoing CID and CNAM Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just to be on the same page, we are talking about displaying the proper name and number on outgoing calls using the les.net trunk, right?

10.08.2008 18:29 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mem

RE: Outgoing CID and CNAM Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, that is correct. I always assumed it was working. But, never really checked.

10.08.2008 19:09 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Well, although I have been using Les' DIDs for a long time, I have never used his termination. Have you tried opening a ticket and asking him the question? He is an Asterisk guru after all.

10.08.2008 21:11 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mem

I will do that. Just wondering if anyone here had any info first. I don't like to bother him. I have this impression that he is extremely busy. :o) But, I guess I need to get it working.
Thank you.

11.08.2008 08:36 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: