PBXes » English » Providers »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dub

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Uplink <=> PBXes? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm trying to set up a Skype to PBXes bridge using Uplink from NCH software. I can get the Bridge to work with good audio quality, EXCEPT that it will not accurately pass on touchtones. I've tried all tone settings. Any other suggestions?

03.06.2008 02:28 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

In essence, DTMF digits do not get recognized properly.

Can you describe a couple of typical call scenarios in which you are having issues with? Does the call originate on the Skype side or the SIP side?

Have you looked at a SIP trace to verify whether the DTMF digits get generated or received properly?

Keep in mind that, it will not be easy to troubleshoot this issue, since you will be operating blind in half of the call. As far as I know, there is no way to get a Skype call trace.

03.06.2008 16:50 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have worked with uplink in the past and just installed it again.

I can get have incoming calls but the problem remains the outgoing calls.

This was also a problem when setting up upnlink in the past.

In uplink under options when sip calls you have probably activated use the dialed number.

Under account you have registered an extension in your pbxes say 310.

Whenever you call extension 310 uplink gets activated but passes on the number pbxusername-310 which skype does not recognize.

In the past I used axon also nch to prevent this problem. In axon I setup a trunk which used the private ip address of uplink.

I have to test to see if I can setup a trunk in pbxes which registers on the uplink through the public ip address and port number.

Than you have to setup outbound dialing and strip some numbers.

04.06.2008 15:16 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
bob

Have tried but it did not work.

pbxes as a trunk has to register on a local ip on the pc where uplink is running. Axon also from NCH does not seem to be able to have softphones from outside the interenal network being able to connect, unless you forward some ports (unknown ports)

Uplink for example registers at port 5070 and also ports 8000 and up. You will have to open your local firewall for calls to come thru to those ports.

I tried did but am unable to register uplink as a trunk trhu pbxes.

when trying to register at uplink on a local machine thru a softphone it works very well.

So when you have local phones running inside your network you could setup to dial skype through sip but through pbxes this does not seem to be possible. You can only receive skype-sip calls.

Tip for receiving calls.
uplink will register and extension in pbxes and in uplink you have to give a number to call when there is in incoming call.

Go to inbound routing.

create a route using trunkname: yourusername-skype
selectect the ring group, voicemail or extension or callthru pin.

create say extension 310.
save and go back to that extension.
In dial, change to: sip/username-skype@pbxes.com

Whenever skype connects to extension 310 extension 310 will forward to the inbound route and will ring on what you selected.

04.06.2008 16:17 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
bob

I think i misunderstood your post.

From the nch forum regarding dtmf tones:

sip to skype is fine
skype to sip is not working

I tried it and indeed for incoming calls to say pbxes digital receptionist dtmf tones don't work. This seems to be an uplink problem.

04.06.2008 16:32 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dub

I figured as much. Uplink is a good program, but NCH clearly is not giving it the support that it deserves. For one, one I had to downgrade my Skype to even get it to work. For two, they could easily create an IVR for Skype calls. Skype lets you assign to digit speed dial numbers to Skype contacts. You could easily modify this program to pass those numbers on.

04.06.2008 16:50 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: