PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Callback delay?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
viz

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Fragezeichen Callback delay? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I'm ringing PBX from my mobile to initiate callback and it works too fast. So my mobile is still busy while I wait for busy tone and hangup and callback fails.

Please help.

15.05.2007 16:04 vizzy is offline Search for Posts by vizzy Add vizzy to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Try the call back from a land-line with the 3 second interval, and report back if it works properly.

If it does, try it from a friend's mobile phone.

Which phone model do you have?
Which carrier are you on?

16.05.2007 03:47 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
viz

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Nope.
It neither works from a landline nor from other mobile.
And there is no second attempt.

I'm in the UK and my DID is there, so maybe pbxes.com are just too far, as what I get is a lag of about 5 seconds before I can hear "busy tone" so I can hang up.

What do you think?

16.05.2007 15:24 vizzy is offline Search for Posts by vizzy Add vizzy to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

That is very peculiar, but lets get some more information on the DID and the trunk.

Who is the provider of the DID?
Who is the provider of the trunk which is used for the call-back?
Who is your mobile operator?

17.05.2007 02:55 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
viz

1. didx.net
2. sipgate.co.uk
3. O2

18.05.2007 01:46 vizzy is offline Search for Posts by vizzy Add vizzy to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

I am not very fond of the DIDx's numbers, since you never know the originating DID provider, but I will try to troubleshoot the issue with you.

Let's split the callback process in two parts. Set the Inbound Route for Callthru with a PIN, and try if you can dial into your account, enter the PIN and dial out via the sipgate.co.uk trunk.

Try first from a land-line and then from your O2 mobile. Then try again from both phone lines, but after setting the Caller ID Number properly in the Inbound Route.

Let me know the results.

18.05.2007 04:00 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tos

RE: Callback delay? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by vizzy
Hi,

I'm ringing PBX from my mobile to initiate callback and it works too fast. So my mobile is still busy while I wait for busy tone and hangup and callback fails.

Please help.

I m having the same issue with the callback is it possible to delay the callback for a few sec?

26.04.2008 02:03 tosaid is offline Search for Posts by tosaid Add tosaid to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: