PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » Three Reasons
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mig

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Lost Extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I accidentally deleted an extension. When I tried to recreate it, I received an error that the extension already exists and indeed it again shows up in my extensions list. However, I cannot modify the extension. If I delete it again and try to recreate it, I get the same "cannot insert into sip table" error. Unfortunately, I had an incoming route pointed to this extension and now whenever a call comes in from on that DID, it attempts to ring this missing extension -- unsuccessfully since it doesn't really exist.

I hope that all makes sense and that you can help. The extension in question is 8005991812. Thanks.

20.08.2006 08:47 mightyhero is offline Search for Posts by mightyhero Add mightyhero to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Lost Extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Your extension number is too long. Generally extension numbers should be 2 to 4 digits. Delete this extension, create a new one and change your incoming route to point to the new one.

20.08.2006 19:33 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mig

Might be a database problem Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The actual error I receive is a failed INSERT statement ... database is reporting that a duplicate entry exists ... any change the offending record could be deleted/purged?

15.09.2006 08:31 mightyhero is offline Search for Posts by mightyhero Add mightyhero to your Buddy List
sky

RE: Might be a database problem Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

extension can only be 6 numbers big...
the error you got is correct regarding "insert"-problem... but the "dupe" sounds not correct...

@ip-tel:
wasn't it possible to use classic number to have a "normal number" be targetting a sip://<accountname>-<short ext>@pbxes.org ?

so if one wants to use a DID internally...they could...the call would go via classic number->sip conversion to the shorter version?

15.09.2006 15:20 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
mig

Three Reasons Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have three reasons for believing this problem has nothing to do with the length of the extension.

First, I have successfully used this configuration on other Asterisk installations.

Second, this extension DID work the first time I created. The problem developed when I deleted the extension and tried to recreate it.

Three, the error message specifically indicates the extension already exists in the SIP table, so it stands to reason the extension did not get correctly deleted from the database when I previously removed it.

15.09.2006 15:27 mightyhero is offline Search for Posts by mightyhero Add mightyhero to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: