PBXes » English » Providers »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
suv
PBXes PRO

Registration Date: 17.09.2007

Use Outbound Call provider who only authenticates using fix ip/domain? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am not able to find out outbound provider which authenticate using a username and password (MD5 authentication)
For example : Voicetrading, allow this. However voicetrading doesnt accept credit cards

Can i setup a trunk where my the provider can authenticate the calls by their source IP?

This is feature avaliable?

Quick help from anyone would be appreciated as there is an urgent situation i am stuck with.
Suvidh

25.03.2008 00:33 suvidh is offline Search for Posts by suvidh Add suvidh to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

voicetrading indeed used to accept paypal and credit card but not anymore. At least I don't see the option. I can understand this because the will have to pay 2 or 3% commision on paypal or credit card.

On the other hand what is the problem of making a bank transfer to them. I did one a few weeks ago and 2 days later I had the credit on my account.

Voicetrading is also accept authenticate by ip, at least this is what their website says.

If you are in a hurry for the time being you could also use other betamax services like voipdiscount.com or on of their other brands untill you have paid by bank transfer.

25.03.2008 10:17 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Need for prefix Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I hope you also use prefix, if you authorize any of the PBXes IPs with any vendor.

25.03.2008 17:25 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
suv
PBXes PRO

RE: Need for prefix Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by Diafora
I hope you also use prefix, if you authorize any of the PBXes IPs with any vendor.

Didnt quite understand about using Prefix?
And btw what is Pbxes IP that we can use with vendors? And how do we get the security here, like to prevent just anyone from being able to use our account since all PBXES customers may have the same IP address?
Please advise
Thanks
Suvidh

25.03.2008 17:51 suvidh is offline Search for Posts by suvidh Add suvidh to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The security you are asking for, can only be achieved by using a tech prefix, for all the calls you are sending to the vendor. The tech prefix has to be agreed with the vendor ahead of time, since they will need to remove it, before they pass on your call.

The PBXes IP which needs to be authorized, depends on which server your account is hosted on. The URL showing on your browser when you are logged into your account, indicates on which server your account is hosted on.

26.03.2008 15:37 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
suv
PBXes PRO

Zitat:
The security you are asking for, can only be achieved by using a tech prefix, for all the calls you are sending to the vendor. The tech prefix has to be agreed with the vendor ahead of time, since they will need to remove it, before they pass on your call.

The PBXes IP which needs to be authorized, depends on which server your account is hosted on. The URL showing on your browser when you are logged into your account, indicates on which server your account is hosted on.

Ok got it. So the prefix would serve as a secret code or password.

I am on www1.pbxes.org - what would be the IP for this server that would need to be authorized?

Thanks

26.03.2008 18:23 suvidh is offline Search for Posts by suvidh Add suvidh to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

If your account is on www1 the IP which needs to be authorized is the 88.198.36.79

27.03.2008 05:39 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
suv
PBXes PRO

Zitat:
If your account is on www1 the IP which needs to be authorized is the 88.198.36.79

Thanks. I got the MD5 Auth provider Voicetrading to work now. The accept only wire transfers and that too with special instructions only. Which has been sorted now.

But for backup sake im still going to check this IP authentication method

Suvidh

27.03.2008 15:47 suvidh is offline Search for Posts by suvidh Add suvidh to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: