PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Call Progress Tone Customisation
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Call Progress Tone Customisation Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It would be nice if there is a feature to customise the call progress tones callers hear when their calls are being transferred by the digital assistant (similar to what the Linksys PAP2 has under the "regional" tab).

At present the ringback tone that external callers hear after entering an extension number is the North American 440Hz+480Hz (2 on , 4 off) tone.

I prefer the UK 400Hz+450Hz (0.4 on 0.2 off 0.4 on, 2 off "burr burr") ringback tone.

Note: I am able to change this on my PAP2 and hear the UK ringing tone when calling between extensions.

09.06.2008 03:57 1188 is offline Search for Posts by 1188 Add 1188 to your Buddy List
mds

RE: Call Progress Tone Customisation Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would like to see this too. Are there any plans to be able to regionalise the internal system tones?

08.06.2009 12:18 mdsanders is offline Search for Posts by mdsanders Add mdsanders to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Call Progress Tone Customization Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Let me actually understand this request, because I must be looking at it from exactly the opposite direction.

The basic premise of SIP as a protocol, is to enable the User Agents to handle most of the call related functions as well as features, instead of relying on the SIP Proxies and Back-end servers, which is the case in traditional telephony with Class-5 switches.

So why would we elect to regionalize the call progress tones on PBXes, and carry the ring-back media (RTP packets) across the Internet, when call progress tones can be created locally on the users' handsets following a change in their settings?

08.06.2009 23:10 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

RE: Call Progress Tone Customization Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by Diafora
Let me actually understand this request, because I must be looking at it from exactly the opposite direction.

The basic premise of SIP as a protocol, is to enable the User Agents to handle most of the call related functions as well as features, instead of relying on the SIP Proxies and Back-end servers, which is the case in traditional telephony with Class-5 switches.

So why would we elect to regionalize the call progress tones on PBXes, and carry the ring-back media (RTP packets) across the Internet, when call progress tones can be created locally on the users' handsets following a change in their settings?

FYI: I have customised all my Sip Devices to generate the British style ringback tone (400Hz + 450 Hz 0.4s on 0.2s off 0.4 on 2.0s off "burr burrr,,,,,,burrr bur" etc.)

This is fine when I call between extensions as the British style ringback tone is generated by the device where the call originates from. Note: This is consistent to what you are saying in your post.

However, when an outside caller calls my DID number from the PSTN and gets the PBXes Digital Receptionist, they would enter an extension number to reach one of the internal extensions. What they hear is the default Asterisk North American style ringback tone (440Hz + 480 Hz, 2.0s on 4.0s off "rrrrinnngg rrrrrirrinng" etc.).

This is happening as the PBXes Digital Receiptionst resides on the Asterisk service and not on my SIP device!

This also happens when I do a blind transfer from one extension to another by pressing *2 and then the extension number (as this is an Asterisk process). Again, the caller hears the default North American style ringtone generated by the PBXes Asterisk server.

In addition, when I dial *2 to access the transfer function, the dialtone I get is a North American dialtone (350Hz+440Hz continuous). I prefer the European dialtone of 440Hz! (which I have set all my SIP devices to generate). Again, this is coming from PBXes Asterisk service.

Right now, it seems like the only way to change the ringback tone generated by the Asterisk server is to edit the tones in indications.conf file (this is currently only possible if I get the PBXesPro).

Since I am a SOHO account user, I am not prepared to so much more just so that I can change the indications.conf file.

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by 118 on 09.06.2009 at 01:21.

09.06.2009 01:06 1188 is offline Search for Posts by 1188 Add 1188 to your Buddy List
mds

RE: Call Progress Tone Customisation Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Any developments on the above?

15.06.2009 14:13 mdsanders is offline Search for Posts by mdsanders Add mdsanders to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Not yet, since implementing it is adequately complicated. We will update this thread as soon as it is ready.

Presently you may localize the tones only by subscribing to PBXes PRO.

16.06.2009 05:31 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mds

Thanks for the reply

17.06.2009 15:21 mdsanders is offline Search for Posts by mdsanders Add mdsanders to your Buddy List

Zitat:
Originally posted by Diafora
Not yet, since implementing it is adequately complicated. We will update this thread as soon as it is ready.

Presently you may localize the tones only by subscribing to PBXes PRO.

Just a thought...

Would it be possible for me to get the free trial of PBXes PRO, switch the call progress tones by editing the indications.conf file and then switch back to the SOHO account?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 118 on 17.07.2009 at 00:48.

17.07.2009 00:48 1188 is offline Search for Posts by 1188 Add 1188 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: