PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Call quality - refuses to connect using G722
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pie
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 12.02.2010

Call quality - refuses to connect using G722 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello - I'm trying to improve call quality (receiving stream is very clear, but I receive feedback that I am not heard very clearly). I am using G729 on mobile.

Upon investigating I see that it is impossible to have PBXes accept any other codec, especially G722 (activated in general settings). When my softphone is set to only use G722 the connection is refused.

I already tried several times to deactivate and reactivate G722 - but to no avail. Is there something I miss here?

Thank you

17.01.2016 23:33 pierreingels7 is offline Search for Posts by pierreingels7 Add pierreingels7 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Call quality - refuses to connect using G722 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You should activate SIP Trace in System Log. Then you will see the INVITE and OK messages listing all the codecs of PBXes and your phone.

18.01.2016 16:07 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
pie
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 12.02.2010

RE: Call quality - refuses to connect using G722 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Having activated SIP Trace, I can see INVITE and OK messages acknowledging G729, but no sign at all of approving G722.

I have again tried to disable and enable G722 in settings, but to no avail. Can you help from your side, please?

03.02.2016 22:18 pierreingels7 is offline Search for Posts by pierreingels7 Add pierreingels7 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

System Log is only stored for the present month. There is no SIP Trace for February in your account. Could you please repeat tracing to have it available?

04.02.2016 00:55 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: