PBXes » English » News » RE: Webcall 1 Votes - Average Rating: 2.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 2.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Webcall Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Today we introduce our new feature "Webcall" that has been available to all types of PBXes accounts for the past few days.
It serves the following purposes:

• Callers can reach you by name in the format pbxes.org/alias instead of phone number.
  • If you have a domain name of your own you can direct this to PBXes and use names like mona-lilly.de/alias
    (For additional information look at http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1015).
  • You may embed webcall into your own web pages by linking to pbxes.org/alias, by putting it into an iframe or by sending from your own HTML form.
  • The caller is called back using a trunk from your existing Outbound Routes. So these calls are toll free for your callers and can replace 800 numbers.
  • You can become reachable anonymously e.g. by publishing pbxes.org/alias in the profile of your social network. You can change or delete an alias at any time.
  • You may also use the webcall page on your own in the office or on when traveling. In the office it serves as an API to your office software. Calls can be generated by opening pbxes.org/alias?n=destinationnumber. From mobile, hotspot or internet cafe callbacks can be triggered by opening the URL.
How does it work?

For setup all you need to do is choose an alias name and add it to your extension or callgroup. Optionally your logo, photo or personal message can be added as well.

When someone reaches your page pbxes.org/alias they will be prompted to insert their phone number and click the "call" button. This results in your PBXes account to first call you and then call the number entered into the page. Once both sides answer they will be connected.

Both calls are placed through the trunks designated in your Outbound routes of your PBXes account, and will show the number entered into the page pbxes.org/alias as CallerID. For further info on CallerID please take a look at http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=166.

24.05.2008 18:53 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

wow real cool feature and I have tried the following to create your webbased callback system.

go to inbound routing / addd incoming route

under trunk use your: username-callback (instead of callback you can also use another name)
click on callthru pin and set a pin number (choose carefull as an easy number can be misuded, I suggest 4 to 8 numbers)

Go to extensions:

add a new extension
set url (new feature) choose your name you want to use for pbxes.org/yourname

save and go back to the extension
change device options dial:
and replace by SIP/username-callback@pbxes.com (if you choose another name instead of callback please use that)

What this does is very simple.

You go to the webpage pbxes.org/yourname
fill in the number you want to be called back on.
pbxes will call you on the number and forward you to the extension. The extensions calls username-callback@pbxes.org and you are asked for a pin number.

type the pin number and you get the dialtone of the pbx.

This way when in a hotel having a room that has it's own tel number and webacces you can trigger a callback to that number.

You can trigger a callback to any number using the webbase url.

Visiting a friend and want to make a call, no problem just use the webbased callback and you will pay for the cost.
Or you have a roaming free cellphone like www.united-mobile.com now you can trigger your own callback using the web. Or if you have data access you just fill in the weblink to trigger the callback. This will only cost you the cost off data for the link.

But please be aware that anyone who has your pin number and webadress can use the callback. Therefore use a long pin to prevent misuse.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 25.05.2008 at 20:18.

25.05.2008 19:59 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
lin
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 27.09.2006

webcall Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I tested the service and works fine.
A problem may be the web page refresh. After hang up , will run immediately another call at the same number.
Lino

25.05.2008 23:30 linobo is offline Search for Posts by linobo Add linobo to your Buddy List
bob

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I made some testcalls and could see them in in call monitor but I could not see that they were triggered by the web application.

Can you add something to the call monitor showing when a webbased call was triggered

27.05.2008 12:09 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: webcall Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Webcalls can be identified in the call monitor by Caller ID and destination number being the same on one line.

27.05.2008 13:38 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
woo

RE: Webcall Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've been able to set up web callback using the procedure that bobmats outlined. The only problem I have, is that when I get to the callthru step, I don't get the initial prompt to enter my PIN. Instead, there's a pause and I get the message "Incorrect PIN". Then, I can successfully put my PIN in and make the call. This seems to be a timing issue. Is there some way to make the timing work better using this setup?

22.08.2008 14:42 woody is offline Search for Posts by woody Add woody to your Buddy List
bob

RE: Webcall Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

woody, i seem to have the same "problem" but it works.

I guess the way I setup a webcallback is not the intention of the system and just a workaround to get your own webcallback. As It uses internal extensions and forwarding this might be the reason.

25.08.2008 10:56 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
woo

Your approach is pretty ingenious and it does work. There's just that minor timing issue. If you come up with a different way to do it, please share!

25.08.2008 14:21 woody is offline Search for Posts by woody Add woody to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe Dial Out Conferences Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Today we discovered another application of webcall: Dial-Out Conferences.

To use create an classic extensions that leads to a conference room, e.g. 200 leading to 8200. Now access the webcall of that extension. By entering phone numbers you can call the participants of your conference!

If you reached a voicemail and want to hang up a participant go to the conference menu by pressing '*' followed by '3' to eject the most recent participant. (This feature was added recently. To run the update please click Submit & Start in Personal Data.)

29.08.2008 20:26 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sjt

you can also intergrete it into a website

with these codes that i writed Augenzwinkern

just change the value sjteef
and it works smile

------------

<html>
<form action="http://pbxes.org/sjteef?" METHOD="GET">
Tel number<BR>
<input type="text" name="n">
<input type="submit" value='number'>
</form>
<?

if(isset($_GET['n'])){

echo "Deze naam heeft u ingevuld: ".$_GET['n']."\n";
}
?>
</html>
--------------------------------------------------

14.06.2010 17:37 sjteef is offline Search for Posts by sjteef Add sjteef to your Buddy List
dor

When I do it using my own form, it redirects the user to pbxes page. The last thing I want is to loose the user just like that. Is there any way so after submit it would sent the user back to the originating page?

22.07.2010 16:29 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
nat
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.05.2008

Zitat:
Originally posted by doronin
When I do it using my own form, it redirects the user to pbxes page. The last thing I want is to loose the user just like that. Is there any way so after submit it would sent the user back to the originating page?

i am also facing this problem, any help on this.

29.07.2010 18:53 natures is offline Search for Posts by natures Add natures to your Buddy List
sjt

As i am new with this i can only provide the rederict
would be nice if the page could run on the background

29.07.2010 20:03 sjteef is offline Search for Posts by sjteef Add sjteef to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Webcall Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We have given a facelift to webcall today. There is a new parameter "embed" that allows for easy integration into other sites.

Create links as pbxes.org/alias?embed=1. The user will return to your site after entering his phone number, or when clicking the new Back button.

To integrate as a form input, e.g. on a contact page, add the following HTML snippet:
<form action="http://pbxes.org/alias" METHOD="GET">
Please enter your phone number to get connected to me:<BR>
<input type="text" name="n">
<input type="hidden" name="embed" value="1">
<input type="submit" value="number">
</form>

Calls now include alias as CallerID, to identify calls from webcall pages.

05.11.2013 10:33 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: