PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: "Heavy Usage" Email - threatening to cut me off!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 01.09.2010

"Heavy Usage" Email - threatening to cut me off! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am a SOHO user (404howth). I have received a "heavy usage" email with the threat that I must pay 2 Premium subscriptions or else be cut off. My usage is in fact way below the limit, but in December, one call between two local extensions was never disconnected when the parties hung up. For days, the two extensions were able to make outgoing calls but not to receive any. It took us a long time to establish what the problem was.

I would do whatever is needed to avoid this from happening, but as far as I can tell, it is a known bug in PBXes software. The workaround to clear this zombie call is to go to the Personal Data section in Stup PBXes and click 'Submit & Start'. My extensions are all standard Grandstream GXP2000 devices in completely standard configurations.

Please do NOT cancel my subscription!

08.01.2013 01:48 404howth is offline Search for Posts by 404howth Add 404howth to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: "Heavy Usage" Email - threatening to cut me off! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As after your first posting (http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1343893831) we've cleared the heavy usage flag from your account. Strange this happened to you another time.

08.01.2013 11:47 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 01.09.2010

RE: "Heavy Usage" Email - threatening to cut me off! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Indeed. I thought I might turn on the experimental "audio bypass" option, so that if it happens a third time, the traffic would all be local so at least it would not consume your bandwidth while the zombie call continued.
However, I can see that this option has always been enabled on each of the extensions. Maybe, since this is not working, I should disable it instead?

08.01.2013 22:32 404howth is offline Search for Posts by 404howth Add 404howth to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: "Heavy Usage" Email - threatening to cut me off! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, good idea. This is an advanced option which can be the reason, because voice packets cannot be monitored during calls when they bypass your PBX.

Also enabling audio bypass does not change usage statistics although less bandwidth may have been used.

09.01.2013 00:41 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: