PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: PAP2 Looses registration
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rus

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
PAP2 Looses registration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I'm a newbie in VOIP. Sorry for the long description.

I have a PAP2 ATA behind a DI-604 router, both FXS ports connected to PBXes.org 3-digit extensions (100 and 200).
One of the extensions loose the registrations at random times and occasionally both of them. Some time them secure the connection for hours bust most of the time one of them looses the connection in matter of 5 to 20 minutes. Usually, once the one of the port looses its registration is unable to regain it (but some times it does it!).
I am able to hold long conversations when connected (>30 minutes), without loosing the connection.
Occasionally, on long conversations, I stop hearing the remote side, but the ATA and PBXes shows the ATA registred.

The DI-604 is configured for NAT, and has a virtual server config which exposes UDP 5060 port (public and private) and a RTP "application" for TCP/UDP 10000-20000 ports range (public and trigger).

The ATA, PAP2, is configured with a registrer expiration of 180 sec (I changed in the rage of 90 to 600) with same results. I configure each ATA port with slightly different times.

Both ATA extension has the SIP port configured to 5060. I've tried to change one of them 5061 but it seems to worsen the problem.
Preferred Audio Codecs are 711u (but can negotiate others).
RTP parameters matches the router range (10000-20000)
Mostly of the other parameters are PAP2 defaults.

Since I don't have available a Syslog server, I am unable to produce an ATA log file.
PBXes log doesn't show (me) any abnormal just the registration (when it occurs).
Other devices, like a softphone, on the same LAN have a reliable connection.

I will appreciate any help to debug the problem.

Thanks for reading so far.

Rusconi

28.06.2012 02:08 rusconi is offline Search for Posts by rusconi Add rusconi to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: PAP2 Looses registration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
The SIP ports must be different for the 2 extensions on the PAP2, set them to 5060 and 5061 defaults.
Always reboot the router as well after changes to the PAP2.
Always set the Router SIP ALG off (if it has it).
I have several PAP2 in different locations, as long as the broadband and router are ok they work perfectly.

28.06.2012 14:38 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
rus

RE: PAP2 Looses registration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Teleagente)),

Thanks for your reply.
I will try again with different ports for each line.

I couldn't find the SIP ALG parameter in PAP2.

Do I need to setup a STUN server? (the only one I know about is "stunserver.org", since callcentric doesn't requiere them). The ATA is behind a router, so it uses NAT. (Starting today I've noticed in some calls the remote party can hear me at all.

Any comments about the RPT ranges I've used?

Thanks,

Rusconi

28.06.2012 19:25 rusconi is offline Search for Posts by rusconi Add rusconi to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Hi,
Sip alg is a function in some routers, not the PAP2.
Generally all the default settings in the PAP2 work just fine, no need to play with rtp media settings etc., For a single PAP2 I doubt that any port forwarding or other router functions are required.
Its normal to use your trunk providers stun server (ie Sipgate or whoever).
I would test with another router if I were you

28.06.2012 22:13 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
rus

Teleagente00,

Thanks for your insights.
I've change the SIP port of one of the lines to 5061, I've also increased the Register Expiration time to 3600 sec.
I has stabilized the connection.

Since some times I experience one-way audio, etiher I don't hear the remote party or it doesn't here me, I moved to ATA to the DMZ.
But it didn't solved the problem.

I thought it could be NAT related. I've set up the STUN server to stunserver.org but didn't helped.

Are you aware of any other Stun server may I use? My trunk provider doesn't offer any (callcentric).

Thanks,

Rusconi

29.06.2012 23:37 rusconi is offline Search for Posts by rusconi Add rusconi to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Hi,
Use stun.voicetrading.com if necessary.
You should leave the registration interval at 60 secs, 3600 is way too long.
It may be worth changing the SIP timers slightly on the PAP2 to allow it extra time for registering, I use these settings for satellite or unpredictable broadbands:

<SIP_T1> 2
<Reg_Retry_Intvl> 10
<Reg_Retry_Long_Intvl> 20

Also make these settings:

<Handle_VIA_received> No
<Handle_VIA_rport> No
<Insert_VIA_received> No
<Insert_VIA_rport> No
<Substitute_VIA_Addr> No
<Send_Resp_To_Src_Port> No
<STUN_Enable> Yes
<STUN_Test_Enable> No
<STUN_Server> stun.voicetrading.com
<NAT_Keep_Alive_Intvl> 10
</NAT_Keep_Alive_Intvl>

<Register_Expires_1_> 60
<Register_Expires_2_> 60
<NAT_Mapping_Enable_1_> Yes
<NAT_Mapping_Enable_2_> Yes
<NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable_1_> Yes
<NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable_2_> Yes
<Use_Outbound_Proxy_1_> No
<Use_Outbound_Proxy_2_> No
<Use_Outbound_Proxy_in_dialogue_1_> Yes
<Use_Outbound_Proxy_in_dialogue_2_> Yes

<Make_Call_Without_Reg_1_> No
<Ans_Call_Without_Reg_1_> Yes
<Make_Call_Without_Reg_2_> No
<Ans_Call_Without_Reg_2_> Yes

If these settings don't work then test with a different router...............

Regards

30.06.2012 00:39 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: