PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Caller ID
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Caller ID Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have reached an point of extreme frustration with this topic, and I think I am on to the root of the problem.

Problem: I authorize PBXes directly via IP address to an external SIP Proxy, and PBXes Passes Caller ID correctly to the outbound call. However as PBXes will not perform the complex LCR I need, then I have tried both sending calls to an Asterisk (for LCR) then the appropriate SIP proxies (after Asterisk LCR) , and now I have also tried the same with a VOIPSwitch. The VOIPSwitch is currently passing caller ID on Wholesale traffic as well as devices registered to it. One SIP proxy shows the caller ID passed to it. A Sample CDR is below.
supernettel-500 15036677700 UNITED STATES Oregon Apr 8, 2007 01:12:27 AM 00:00:00 00:00:00 0.000000
In the above example it is clearly the PBX User ID that is being passed to the SIP Proxy. Normally in that first field, is the outbound caller ID.

Suspected Source of Problem. There are two fields that can be potentially used for Caller ID. VoIPSwitch makes this clear in their documentation. I believe one field is called User ID . I suspect this USer ID is what is being looked at in both the case of Asterisk (by default in the version I have used) and the VoIPswitch.

Solution:
Set USER ID field to Caller ID number, as it seems it should be anyhow. This may or may not work with caller ID name as well. This will create a greater compatibility with all SIP Proxies, and prevent users from passing invalid caller ID to Providers that may reject calls based on valid ANI (which some do). I see no valid reason to pass the PBXes "USER-EXT" to an outbound trunk, but maybe I am missing the rationale behind it.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 08.04.2007 at 07:33.

08.04.2007 07:24 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
sof

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Caller ID Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have voip switch but pbxes SIP extention is not working with my voipswitch. Another provider working fine such as voipraider, jumblo.com etc. but only pbxes SIP not working.

settings are below.
Login : <account name>-<extension no.>
Password : <extension password>
Domain/Server : sip.pbxes.com/ pbxes.org/ sip.pbxes.org
Port : 5060

If I setup same settings in x-lite softphone, or VOIP device then It's working fine but only it's not working with my VOIPswitch

Can you please advise what I am doing wrong or anything you need to setup on your end to allow me pbxes SIP use with my VOIPswitch Thanks

22.04.2010 00:52 softphone is offline Search for Posts by softphone Add softphone to your Buddy List
baz

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Caller ID Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, to set caller ID for one of my trunks I've had to put the following:

Username:phone number in 00 format. eg, uk is 0044
password box: password:username
eg mypassword:myusername

Works ok for me

22.04.2010 09:31 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
day
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 15.04.2007

I did the same and It works well fröhlich

27.04.2010 13:43 dayton is offline Search for Posts by dayton Add dayton to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

CallerID seems to be implemented differently with different providers. For example with Betamax I can put my UK phone number as Username and they add the 0044 to it automatically for callerID.
However with Callwithus nothing is sent as caller ID if it starts with a 0, but if you set callerID as, for example, 44xxxxx it sends it out ok.
I'm still struggling with Siptraffic though, cannot find any way to make callerID work ... must be missing something (200 euro credit I can't use)
Telagente

27.04.2010 19:37 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
onn
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 27.02.2010

Zitat:
Originally posted by telagente00
CallerID seems to be implemented differently with different providers. For example with Betamax I can put my UK phone number as Username and they add the 0044 to it automatically for callerID.
However with Callwithus nothing is sent as caller ID if it starts with a 0, but if you set callerID as, for example, 44xxxxx it sends it out ok.
I'm still struggling with Siptraffic though, cannot find any way to make callerID work ... must be missing something (200 euro credit I can't use)
Telagente

the problem is fromusername=xxxxxxx take that out and will work with no problem

18.10.2011 18:30 onnefa is offline Search for Posts by onnefa Add onnefa to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: