PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: NIMBUZZ SIP client doesn't ring after passing from free to paid account
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rda
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 20.03.2011

NIMBUZZ SIP client doesn't ring after passing from free to paid account Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Dear all,

I have been using PBXes free account for quite a while now.

I set up one ring group which includes among others one SIP extension.

This SIP extension is used to register NIMBUZZ, a SIP client running on Symbian S60 rev2 Nokia N70. Mobile operator is O2 in Germany.

WIth the free account on PBXes this client properly registered itself on PBXes. I was capable to both make calls and receive calls routed to/from PBXes.

Since I've upgraded to SOHO account, this NIMBUZZ still register itself properly, can place calls but when it receive calls, it doesn't ring.

After the configured time-out the answering machine message starts.

It simply doesn't ring.

In the past I also used FRING as alternative client, but actually it never rang. Only NIMBUZZ did.

Of course I tried to change the set-up of CONNECTION-CHECK from OFF to ON (new option available after paying for the SOHO option). It didn't work.

I've to say I didn't found anywhere any sort of explanation on what CONNECTION-CHECK and HANDS-OFF options mean, but anyway I tried without success.

So far, any clue? For me it is a critical feature and if I can't fix it I'll try to go back to the free account and see if it works back again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Best,
Rosario

p.s. as further detail, NIMBUZZ is also a googletalk client and inbound calls directly from google talk make the client RING and can be properly managed.

p.p.s. Unfortunately it seems to be an issue of O2.

As matter of fact, I registered NIMBUZZ with another SIP provider (FastVoip).
I was then capable to make calls (like PBXes) but I was not capable to receive calls, exactly like PBXes.

So far, it seems like suddendly during he week end someone at O2 in Germany decided to change something in the firewall configuration so that I can now place calls with my SIP client, I can place and receive calls with a GoogleTalk client, but I cannot receive calls with my SIP client on my mobile.

Does anybody else have a similar issue on O2 in Germany as well?

p.p.p.s

Guys, I've been trying to reach O2 customer service but NO WAY.
Since you are in Germany, could you be so kind to report them their O2 flat internet service (10€/month) on prepaid is no more working with VOIP (SIP incoming calls)? Despite what they claim on their marketing docs...

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by rda on 11.09.2011 at 19:16.

11.09.2011 15:11 rdarioc is offline Search for Posts by rdarioc Add rdarioc to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: NIMBUZZ SIP client doesn't ring after passing from free to paid account Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Did you try a different port number than 5060?

12.09.2011 02:10 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
rda
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 20.03.2011

RE: NIMBUZZ SIP client doesn't ring after passing from free to paid account Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

it seems like neither Nimbuzz nor Fring (on Nokia N70) support different SIP port (In the meanwhile I've also contacted their customer service, just in case).

Are you aware of any other client running on Nokia N70 (Symbian S60 rev 2) which allows me to set up a different port to try and see if it solves the issue?

Best
Rosario

FURTHER UPDATE
I have had no chances to find a VOIP client which lets me set up the server port other than 5060 for SIP support on my Nokia N70

At the same time I found out that actually other VOIP clients based on XMPP seems to still work fine

Is there a way from PBXES to reach an XMPP client? (either GTALK or anyother?)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by rda on 13.09.2011 at 11:29.

12.09.2011 07:45 rdarioc is offline Search for Posts by rdarioc Add rdarioc to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: