PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: dialing the PBX from PAP2T and a callthru question
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ajt

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
dialing the PBX from PAP2T and a callthru question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have setup extension 250 as a line that goes to the PAP2T on my SOHO account. It makes calls just fine and receives them without a problem even from extension to extension. However, when I dial *77 or something like that to access the PBX in order to check my voice mail or make a system recording, it just gives me the dial tone again. Also, when I call out on the phone, there is a delay that I get around by pressing "#". Is there a way to fix this? How? Is this a dial plan issue?

Next, I have a question about a call thru, unrelated the above question. I setup an inbound route to recognize a certain number and assigned a PIN to make out going calls from the PBX. What I want to do next is specify which trunk it goes out on so as to specify the caller ID shown and use a certain rate plan. Can I put the phone number calling as the extension? How can I accomplish this? Custom dial plan?

Thus far, I have been having pretty good luck using the PBX and like it quite a bit. If I can just get these issues fixed, I will be even happier.

Thanks/

17.08.2011 22:12 ajtabaktx is offline Search for Posts by ajtabaktx Add ajtabaktx to your Buddy List
lan

RE: dialing the PBX from PAP2T and a callthru question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?t...1303953180&sid=

http://www.toao.net/108-linksys-dial-plan-tips

This dial plan works good for me for North America dial plans. I still want to tweak it, but it works out of box for 10 digit dialing.

For your first question anyway.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lan on 18.08.2011 at 15:24.

18.08.2011 15:21 lancethepants is offline Search for Posts by lancethepants Add lancethepants to your Buddy List
ajt

RE: dialing the PBX from PAP2T and a callthru question Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for the reply. Not wanting to be one of those annoying help seekers, I read that post and reviewed that sight before posting my query. I copied that dial plan into my PAP2T, but the problem still persists. Any other ideas?

Also, any ideas on the callthru question?

18.08.2011 21:03 ajtabaktx is offline Search for Posts by ajtabaktx Add ajtabaktx to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Hi,
I assume you have checked that the Vertical Service Codes you have set (or are default) in the PAP2 do not conflict with PBX codes you are trying to dial through to the PBX. The PAP2 will process its own *codes first if they are active and not pass them to the PBX.
Note that *77 is the default PAP2 service code to block anonymous callers so you have to disable it in the PAP2 in order to allow it to pass through to the PBX.
There is plenty of information on the internet and in the Linksys admin guide regarding these Vertical Service Codes (many of them conflict or perform the same functions as asterisk (pbxes) codes).
Remember to put the codes you do want into the dial plan either in the form *xxS0 (star anything dial immediate) or specify just the ones you want in the form *77S0 etc.
The S0 means immediate dial out, no wait for further digits.

Regards

18.08.2011 22:51 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
ajt

I will try out your suggestions and report back my progress.

I appreciate the insight.

UPDATE 9/15/2011
I admit I have been slow in responding but I am happy to report that that the default codes in the PAP2T were the issue. I eliminated or changed the various ones that I needed for calling into the PBX (i.e. *77 and #9cool and then all worked well. I can now dial into the PBX to check voice mail etc.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ajt on 16.09.2011 at 00:10.

18.08.2011 23:41 ajtabaktx is offline Search for Posts by ajtabaktx Add ajtabaktx to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: