PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Feedback if a call - via callthru - is busy
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pbx

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Feedback if a call - via callthru - is busy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I have set up a callthru number for my friends.

The problem: If they call a number via Callthru and the number is busy they do not receive a "busy"-signal. They think something went wrong and they annyoing me with "my bad system".

Would it be possible that a voice informs the caller about the reasons fo interrupting the call or different - understandable - signals do it automatically.

Thank you.

Regards,

I.

05.04.2011 14:01 pbxesisti is offline Search for Posts by pbxesisti Add pbxesisti to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Feedback if a call - via callthru - is busy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

If you provide a service for your friends and they don't like how it works, they can setup their own the way they like it.

However, if you as a user of the Callthru feature have an issue with how the call is handled, please consider the philosophy behind it. The Callthru feature is supposed to function like a Calling Card. Another name for it is 3-stage dialing, or 2-stage dialing if no PIN is involved.

A user dials an access number, enters a PIN, and hears a dial-tone. He / she then dials the number they intent to reach and the remote phone rings. At the end of the conversation or if the first call was unsuccessful the user hears another dial-tone so they can dial their next call.

Alternatively, the user would have to hang up, redial the access number, re-enter the PIN, wait for the dial-tone and then dial the second number. As a user of a Calling Card system, I really wish to avoid doing this all over. Hence the existence of the dial-tone, signaling I can dial the next call.

If your friends would like to hear the busy tone they can dial their call directly, not through your system which resembles a Calling Card application. But I bet they won't like the price.

Let me know what you think.

07.04.2011 09:45 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: