PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: DID mismatch in PBXes
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
cac

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Daumen runter! DID mismatch in PBXes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This morning my DID stopped working.

I opened a ticket with my DID provider and, after some tests, we came to the conclusion the problem is with my account only.

Could you moderators please take a look?

When connecting via the DID we hear a busy tone. When connecting directly from another SIP device (a softphone calling cacaushow@pbxes, for instance) call is completed normally.

Call monitor shows the incoming calls as destination S and context macro-hangupcall.

18.09.2010 23:44 cacaushow is offline Search for Posts by cacaushow Add cacaushow to your Buddy List
mar

smile RE: DID mismatch in PBXes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Temporary solution: cacaushow's DID is now pointing to my account, and I created a rule which redirects all calls back to his account.

Dirt and poor solution, but it works. Since I am cacaushow's PBXes reseller, I felt like I should do something.

Those out-of-nowhere errors, however, are mining my confidence in the service.

UPDATE

service restored on the same day, close to midnight (local time).

No idea, however, on what caused the disruption or what solved it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mar on 19.09.2010 at 17:28.

19.09.2010 00:40 marcelcalil is offline Search for Posts by marcelcalil Add marcelcalil to your Buddy List
cac

Daumen runter! RE: DID mismatch in PBXes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Down again, same problem.

23.09.2010 18:35 cacaushow is offline Search for Posts by cacaushow Add cacaushow to your Buddy List
mar

RE: DID mismatch in PBXes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Moderators,

the DID provider asked us to verify if PBXes is accepting incoming calls from IP 204.11.194.38

Also, since cacaushow seems to be the only account affected (marcelcalil is using another DID from the same company, and it is working properly), they did not reject the hypothesis of misconfiguration at PBXes' side.

Could you please take a look?

Thank you

23.09.2010 19:08 marcelcalil is offline Search for Posts by marcelcalil Add marcelcalil to your Buddy List
cac

RE: DID mismatch in PBXes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Again today.

Just for the record, these transient errors come and go for no apparent reason.

I have mapped my DID to a Voxalot account and it worked. Mapping it to PBXes returns the "No Answer" message.

Considering the history, this will be solved by the morning, but it is so uncomfortable to trust on luck...

EDIT

I tried to change the www server to see where the problem was. All servers tested, none worked.

Looking at the Call Monitor, all inbound calls are shown as Destination "s"; Context "aa_1"; App "Hangup"; Duration around 10 sec.

This means that, from PBXes side, the call was answered, directed to the Auto Attendant for 10 sec and then hung up.

From the dialers' perspective, however, 10 seconds of silence were heard before the "no answer" or busy tone signal was received.

Solution: The DID provider I use has 3 servers. This problem is happening only with USA server; moved the DID to the UK server and it started working again.

EDIT 2

Again today, Jan. 14th 2011.

DID from DIDWW.com was not working this morning with PBXes, but it worked normally after I configured it to Betamax clones, Voxalot and others.

Does PBXes provide us any list of suggested, reliable and/or supported DID providers?

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by cac on 14.01.2011 at 17:50.

03.12.2010 03:08 cacaushow is offline Search for Posts by cacaushow Add cacaushow to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: