PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: Ringing "On Hold Music" for queue
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wt2
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 20.01.2008

Ringing "On Hold Music" for queue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

instead of a single extension (deskphone) for my personal line i want to use a queue to ring my office phone, my home office phone and my mobile sequentially. If no answear on any line the call will go to voicemail.

Is there a way I can set this up with the regular ringing sound played to the caller as per a regular call to a direct line rather than instantly start playing some horrible music and confuse the people calling?

I cant seem to find a audio file for a normal ringing sound that i could set as on hold music anywhere.

24.09.2010 03:45 wt24 is offline Search for Posts by wt24 Add wt24 to your Buddy List
baz

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Ringing "On Hold Music" for queue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think this was asked before but I can't find the thread. It's entirely possible although it might be a bit misleading. Obviously callers will be charged for the time in the queue, even though they think that they won't be

Why not just use a ring group?

24.09.2010 10:23 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Ringing "On Hold Music" for queue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
Yes this was a question I asked some time ago, Diafora pointed out the charging confusion issue which I hadn't considered either. An immediate ringing tone suggests the call hasn't been answered and hence you aren't being charged (different to a call being answered and then transferred)
I recall the original (and differing) BT ringing tone sound files were available on an old time antique telephones site , but I never used them due to the above,
Regards

24.09.2010 11:47 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
wt2
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 20.01.2008

Ive read the threads on the issue here but didn't quite get a solution from them, and scoured the internet looking for a ringing sound file which I expected would be common but no luck finding such a common sound for some reason?

I using queues for directing incoming calls to ring multiple internal lines hence my preference for a ringing sound to be played to the caller rather than the confusion generated for callers to my personal line having it instantly pick up and start playing music until I answer or not and go through to voice mail from being on hold. Because this is unusual people seem to think something went wrong.

For now I put a ring group and this is perfect, I never tried them before so it seems my mistake was trying to use a queue for the functionality I found there when a ring group does exactly the same job for me in ringing on multiple lines but provides a normal user experience for the caller with a ringing line that is not answeared untill me or voicemail pickup.

Thanks for the suggestion bazmercer, only wish I tried these forums years ago now.

26.09.2010 16:52 wt24 is offline Search for Posts by wt24 Add wt24 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: