PBXes » English » News » RE: Reselling- Reseller's domain
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ale
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 23.11.2006

Reselling- Resller's domain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

How about packaging a Reseller's' domains? Reseller can then offer his customers sub-domains, for example,
http://customer.reseller.com
You can charge reseller for each sub-domain. The sub-domain will only have the mini interface,same as the present.

08.12.2006 07:44 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Reselling- Resller's domain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

What you could do is a simple redirect to www1.pbxes.com/mini.php

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 18.01.2007 at 11:26.

16.01.2007 21:01 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Reselling- Resller's domain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Finally this feature has been implemented. Here are the instructions to get your own domain name for the mini interface:

• Buy a domain name. You can buy a domain name from services called registrars. Two popular registrars are GoDaddy and Network Solutions. Make sure the registrar you use offers custom DNS services. At GoDaddy, it's called 'Total DNS Control' and at Network Solutions it's called 'Advanced DNS.'
  • Go to your registrar. Follow the link to either Total DNS Control or Advanced DNS. In this option, change only the CNAME to the data center where the accounts of your clients reside. This might be something like, http://www1.pbxes.com. In this step, you are telling your registrar where to point your domain name. (The feature is available in all of our data centers except the newest one in Tokyo which has not been upgraded yet.)
  • Wait. It may take up to 2 days for your registrar to point your domain name to PBXes.

If you want your domain co-branded with your own logo (next to the PBXes logo) this is also possible. For adding your logo please:
  • Upgrade your master account (yours, not the ones of your clients) to PBXes PRO. This allows customization.
  • After logging in go to support and buy 15 minutes of customization.
  • Open a case and tell us (a) the domain name you have purchased and would like to use for your mini interface and (b) the URL to your logo image.

25.10.2007 01:14 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ale
Grünschnabel

Reseller Domain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

How do you charge for the reseller domain?

31.01.2008 15:31 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Reselling- Reseller's domain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Because this is based on the mini interface which is only available for Premium Accounts it is charged by the fees for these accounts.

As mentioned above co-branding requires at least one PBXes PRO.

31.01.2008 18:32 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ale
Grünschnabel

RE: Reselling- Reseller's domain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

When configuring the SIP phone, can I use the SIP server as sip.mydomain.com instead of sip.pbxes.com? I would like to use my own domain name as the sip server. If there would be extra charge, let me know how much.

10.09.2008 11:20 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Reseller's domain for SIP registration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As far as I know, this would require the addition of an SRV entry to the DNS record of your domain. Not a trivial update.

10.09.2008 13:43 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ale
Grünschnabel

Do you mean that it only needs a SRV entry to my DNS record of my domain and there's no configuration needed at pbxes? My hosting provider did a CNAME entry for me to point my domain to pbxes, so please let me know what's needed for the SRV entry, so that I can check with my provider whether they can do it.

10.09.2008 15:55 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

You should register to paid accounts only when using a custom domain as SIP server. There is no additional fee.

A SRV entry is not required for SIP servers. It's used for receiving calls by SIP URIs. You can add a SRV entry in the same fashion as the one of pbxes.org. This is really non trivial. By reading out ours you learn how to verify your own.

10.09.2008 17:08 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ale
Grünschnabel

I am sorry I don't understand what you wrote. I do have a Premium account-alexcheam

I already have the CNAME of my domain-zabnic.com-changed to ww6.pbxes.com
So, can I set the sip server as sip.zabnic.com instead of sip.pbxes.org without the SRV entry?

10.09.2008 17:30 alexcheam is offline Search for Posts by alexcheam Add alexcheam to your Buddy List
okt

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

Resell the service
We want to resell the service to our local business customer.
We have read most of the thread regarding this.
But we still got some thing want to clear:
1. If just “premium account” can we resell or can we resell all of the account just premium account got discount?
2. the resale discounted rate is only one time for us or lifetime for us keep this customer?
3. If all our our customer pay us and we will use one Payapl account to pay you? OR all customer have to pay you directly use Paypal?
4. for blacklisting, if we never have free account. All of accounts will be paid accounts. So, there is no blacklisting for us?
5. customized: What can we do for it? If all of our customer will have the user interface with our logo + PBXes logo? This look like white label reseller?

Thanks a lot!

21.09.2009 17:52 oktel is offline Search for Posts by oktel Add oktel to your Buddy List
dor

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
You should register to paid accounts only when using a custom domain as SIP server. There is no additional fee.

A SRV entry is not required for SIP servers. It's used for receiving calls by SIP URIs. You can add a SRV entry in the same fashion as the one of pbxes.org. This is really non trivial. By reading out ours you learn how to verify your own.

I'm trying to setup custom SIP URI.
Could you advise what SRV records you use: both both TCP (_sip._tcp) and UDP (_sip._udp_) ? Anything else, backup, etc?

18.11.2009 06:57 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
hal

Hi,
I tried the mini interface for my account.
Could you please tell me how to switch back to the full interface and how to switch between the two easily?

It ssems that once you are in the mini one, you got stuck in it, no matter what

06.02.2012 01:29 halldis is offline Search for Posts by halldis Add halldis to your Buddy List
arn

Zitat:
Originally posted by halldisHi,
I tried the mini interface for my account.
Could you please tell me how to switch back to the full interface and how to switch between the two easily?

It ssems that once you are in the mini one, you got stuck in it, no matter what

You need to delete the pbxes.com cookie.

06.02.2012 02:30 arnebolen is offline Search for Posts by arnebolen Add arnebolen to your Buddy List
hal

Thanks,
I was hoping for a more friendly way to do so, since receptionist don't usually have enough time (nor the skill sometimes) to do so.

06.02.2012 10:13 halldis is offline Search for Posts by halldis Add halldis to your Buddy List
arn

Zitat:
Originally posted by halldis
Thanks,
I was hoping for a more friendly way to do so, since receptionist don't usually have enough time (nor the skill sometimes) to do so.

A more friendly method to access the mini interface is to open an incognito window and log into the mini interface. That way you don't need to delete any cookies.

07.02.2012 00:08 arnebolen is offline Search for Posts by arnebolen Add arnebolen to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: