PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: SPA941 problem
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
drm

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
SPA941 problem Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
I am using a Linksys SPA941 with the latest firmware and have a problem.
As soon as I hangup a call (inbound or outbound) the phone cannot make or receive any calls. I have to reboot it for it to work with PBXes again - but other providers work fine.

I have rebooted PBXes, changed extension settings but nothing works.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dimitris.

25.05.2010 10:52 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: SPA941 problem Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well Dimitri, that is quite strange, since I have a few SPA-942s registered on various PBXes accounts and they work properly.

Can you port-forward its' web interface so I can take a look at its' settings?

Τα λέμε.

25.05.2010 21:51 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
drm

RE: SPA941 problem Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think it has something to do with the actual hardware.

When I press the # key at the end of a number to dial, I hear a very long tone (5 sec) and then it does nothing.

However, this is not a problem with other providers.

I also have a SPA962 registered and that works fine, with the same settings actually.

Don't have access to the router unfortunately so can't port-forward but can send you a saved page of SPA941 settings.

Σε ευχαριστω!

26.05.2010 10:44 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

If you think it is hardware related, a factory reset to its' default values, might cure it. You have nothing to loose by trying.

If that does not cure it, then upload the pics somewhere for me to look at. Keep in mind that some default values of the SPAs are not at their optimum values. So some tweaking is needed after the reset.

Let me know how it goes.

Καλή επιτυχία.

26.05.2010 21:51 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
drm

Thanks for the interest.

I did a restart, a reboot and a factory reset.
Same problem persists after all of these.

I will check again and let you know.

Σε ευχαριστώ για το ενδιαφέρον

EDIT: It seems to be working now. No more long DTMF tones for the # key. Sometimes an outgoing call times out but redial works fine.
Incoming calls work fine too.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by drm on 03.06.2010 at 12:44.

30.05.2010 20:21 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

So I guess the reset to factory defaults worked. However, there are a couple of settings for SPAs, that make them to work better and happen to be different from their defaults.

Let me know if you are interested.

04.06.2010 16:29 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
drm

What are these setting.
Definitely interested, thanks for the update.

07.06.2010 11:00 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Here you go:

• At the SIP tab, in the section RTP Parameters -> RTP Packet Size: 0.020
• At the Regional tab, in the section Control Timer Values (sec) -> Reorder Delay: 255
• At the Regional tab, in the section Miscellaneous -> Daylight Saving Time Rule: start=3/-1/7/3:00;end=10/-1/7/4:00;save=1
• At the Ext (1-4) tabs, in the section Audio Configuration -> DTMF Tx Method: AVT

07.06.2010 12:24 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
drm

Hi Diafora,
thanks for the settings.

FYI, I think that the problem is broader than the SPA941.
I have also a SPA962 and a SPA3102 which sporadically show the same problem.
Rebooting sets things straight but that's hardly an efficient solution.

This never appeared before a month or two btw.

Dimitris.

14.06.2010 08:55 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Dimitri,

• On which server is your account hosted? (What is the number X of the wwwX.pbxes...)
• Who is the broadband provider that these phones connect to the Internet from?

15.06.2010 11:58 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
drm

1) www1
2) Two ISPs: On Telecoms and Tellas

15.06.2010 16:00 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Hi,
@ Diafora,
Sorry to resurrect an older post but you mentioned some ATA settings in here which I would like to clarify.
Specifically the reorder delay of 255, I understand that this setting = infinite. I have seen this mentioned before on other forums but no explanation.
What would be the advantage over the default (of several seconds) in practical terms ?
Regards
Ron

21.08.2010 15:09 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey Ron,

The practical advantage of setting the Reorder Delay to 255 is for the phone to hang-up immediately after a call is completed, without waiting for 5 seconds.

The relevant entry in the www.spa9000.com to the question: "Can I make my phone automatically return to on-hook after the other party disconnects?"

is "Yes, by setting the Reorder Delay timer (in the regional tab) to 255, the phone will automatically return to on-hook after the remote party disconnects".

22.08.2010 06:21 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Thanks Diafora, thats useful.

22.08.2010 12:06 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey Dimitri,

Is the issue with the SPAs still ongoing via these two ISPs?

23.08.2010 17:45 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
drm

Hi Diafora,
it was actually a bad connection which wasn't noticed in other software.
When I used a VPN for something else, the connection kept dropping, which explains the bad performance of the SPA941.
I now use On Telecoms and that works wonders.

btw, do you know if any mobile operators are blocking VoIP in Greece?
Just FYI, I can't get sipdroid to register and make a call on Vodafone 3G which is strange.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by drm on 07.09.2010 at 20:08.

07.09.2010 20:08 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: