PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Verifying settings with Nokia E60 by dialling *43
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sco

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Verifying settings with Nokia E60 by dialling *43 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I created an account and configured it as far as setting up the extensions:
SIP extension: 200
display name: scottm
password: ***
dtmfmode: auto
dial: SIP/scottm-200

I then configured my Nokia E60 as described in another thread:
i-p-tel Support » PBX Support - English » Terminal Equipment » Nokia E60 Settings
--------------------------------------
Profile Name: pbxes
Service Profile: IETF
Default Access point: my main wifi access point
Public user name: sip:scottm-200@pbxes.org
Use Compression: No
Use Security: No
--
Proxy Server: sip:217.195.32.11
Realm: pbxes.org
User Name: scottm-200
Password: ***
Allow loose routing: Yes
Transport Type: UDP
Port: 5060
--
Registrar Server: sip:X
Transport Type: UDP
Port: 5060
----------------------------------------

I went to the pbxes.com website, logged in and checked
Setup --> Status:
This showed a green oval beside my Extension (200:scottm)

So far, so good. As suggested in the help document (Home --> Setup --> Help), I tried to verify the settings by dialling *43 on the E60 to perfom an echo test. This is where my problems started:

Problem 1: I'm not sure how to setup the E60 to use the internet instead of my GSM cellular network. I tried the following in range of my default wifi router:
a. I Tried to change call type to internet: Tools --> Settings --> Call --> Default call type (change from "Cellular" to "Internet"). Dialling *43 did not work .
b. I Tried to create an internet profile: Tools --> Settings --> Connection --> Internet tel. settings --> New profile. Dialling *43 did not work.

I went back to the pbxes.com setup page and noticed that my green oval was now grey! I don't know whether this was coincidental or was caused by my attempts to change E60 settings as described above. I removed the internet profile and set the default call type back to "cellular" but my setup page still shows a grey oval.

Question 1:
How to I get a green oval back on my setup page? I followed the advice from the thread:
i-p-tel Support » PBX Support - English » Terminal Equipment » E60 - My extension gets grey in the status screen
In the Nokia E60 I went to Tools --> Setttings --> Connections --> Wireless Lan and enabled this (scan interval 5 min). Apparently this makes the phone re-register if it occasionally loses WLAN connection.
On a probably related note, in the E60 SIP setting, the profile I set up which i called "pbxes" has a note below the name which says "Registration failed". How do I correct this?

Question 2: How do I complete the Nokia E60 configuration? I am fairly sure that the E60 SIP settings are correct, but am unsure what other settings need to be changed (eg "Internet profile")

Question 3: How do I call *43? When everything on the phone is configured correctly and I am in range of my home network do I simply dial *43 and hit send? Do I need to change "Default call type" to Internet first?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I am obviously new to internet telephony, but am very interested in trying this out.

21.06.2006 23:48 scottm is offline Search for Posts by scottm Add scottm to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Verifying settings with Nokia E60 by dialling *43 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Q1: Sometimes the E60 looses registration even with the WLAN scan interval set to 5 minutes. Then you need to power-cycle the phone or re-apply the SIP settings (e.g. by changing to Nokia 3GPP and back to IETF again).

Q2/3: After dialing the digits press "Options". You will see a menu allowing to choose calling over voice, video or Internet.

22.06.2006 00:51 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ili

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Verifying settings with Nokia E60 by dialling *43 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I have Nokia N97 from Bell Canada,
and this settings work for me ( on a bell network not only WiFi ) , the only thing you need to add to this settings is
In voip profile settings
AWCDMA ON
UAWMAC ON

I ALSO INSTALL VOIP CLIENT FROM NOKIA WEB SITE SIP_VoIP_3_1_Settings_S60_5_x_v1_0_en.sis

ON MY BELL BILL , I CAN SEE DATA FOR THIS MINUTES AS "Mobile Browser Usage" IT'S MEAN NO EXTRA CHARGE FROM A BELL , BECAUSE I'M ALREADY PAYING $30 A MONTH FOR "Unlimited Mobile Browser Usage"

THE ONLY SMALL PROBLEM I HAVE, IT DOESN'T RECEIVE CALLS THROUGH PBXES.ORG
BUT IT'S A VERY SMALL ISSUE.

27.12.2009 07:10 iliam is offline Search for Posts by iliam Add iliam to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Please ensure whether you can receive incoming calls via WiFi using the same setup.

Also, when you mentioned you cannot receive incoming calls when using Bell's data network, does the SIP client ring but there is no voice path available, or there is no indication at all of the inbound call on the SIP client?

28.12.2009 01:41 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: