PBXes » English » Providers » RE: how do I tell which DID is calling?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sem

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
how do I tell which DID is calling? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I want to assign a particular DID to an extension. I have 3 DID's coming in from the same sip account (callcentric). I don't see how I can tell which DID is calling other than by SIP account.

02.12.2012 15:54 semick0110 is offline Search for Posts by semick0110 Add semick0110 to your Buddy List
baz

RE: how do I tell which DID is calling? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I tihnk you'd have to have a seperate trunk for the individual numbers to do that.

07.12.2012 17:03 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
sem

RE: how do I tell which DID is calling? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I found it is possible to forward DID's from callcentric directly to a sip extension that is set up in pbxes.org, so that is how I figured out which DID was calling.

My only problem now is the digital receptionist is intercepting calls made directly to my extension 200 using the sip uri semick0110-200@pbxes.org. I can't figure out how to only have the digital receptionist answer normal inbound trunk calls.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sem on 08.12.2012 at 12:27.

07.12.2012 20:02 semick0110 is offline Search for Posts by semick0110 Add semick0110 to your Buddy List
baz

So you have an inbound route called semick0110-200 that goes to extension 200? I can't see why the AA would answer that. Strange.

20.12.2012 16:13 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
sem

I did see that voip.ms allows you to create seperate sip uri's. That would solve the problem.

The only way I found to differentiate with callcentric was send calls from one did through normally, and the other to a sip address. (I used semick0110-220@pbxes.org I think),

Then I have 2 routes / with nothing in the trunk name will catch the calls made from callcentric to semick0110-220@pbxes.org.

The 2nd route with callcentric in the trunk name, will catch the did's calls that are being sent normally (SIP device (default) setting).

So callcentric kinda sucks, and so does pbxes. Callcentric won't let you create additional sip uri's, but does send the DID in a tag. Pbxes.org will not let you read the tag sent by Callcentric that does have the did in it.,

20.12.2012 16:32 semick0110 is offline Search for Posts by semick0110 Add semick0110 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: