PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Service outage few hours before
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mon
Premium Account

Registration Date: 17.10.2007

Service outage few hours before Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Extensions are not registered for last few hours. https://www1.pbxes.com/status/ also shows service interruption.

23.10.2009 08:06 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
cms
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.06.2009

RE: Service outage few hours before Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

same problem here... tried the ip address 188.40.65.148 as suggested in another post, but none of our extensions (on 3 continents) will register; trunks seems to be up though in the statuspanel. pbxes.org is not reachable at all, only direct link to www5.pbxes.com works;
Needs to be solved urgently, all our comms are down now..
BTW what is the function of 5 servers (www1-5) if the single point of failure is www1 (188.40.65.14cool We are on www5 but registering does not work. I prefer paying 20 or 30 EUR a month for a service with full redundancy instead of 10 Euro for fake redundancy.. btw if this is again a DNS issue, i would be more than happy to provide you with a free secondary dns server in one of our datacenters in Amsterdam of Mexico

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by cms on 23.10.2009 at 09:10.

23.10.2009 09:00 cms is offline Search for Posts by cms Add cms to your Buddy List
gio

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Daumen runter! Pbxes Is Useless Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

unbelievable! All phone out of services, again!!!

23.10.2009 09:09 giopri is offline Search for Posts by giopri Add giopri to your Buddy List
bob

RE: Service outage few hours before Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

on the last dns problem i switched from sip.pbxes.org to the ip address instead.

I also noticed that using the ip address the phones did not register.

I now stiwched back to sip.pbxes.org instead on the ip address and everything seems to register now.

As adviced you should always use sip.pbxes.org instead of the ip address unless there is another dns attack on the nameserver. That said pbxes should now also have alternate nameservers hosted somewhere else.

If you still have problems with www5 you can always change to antoher server through your control panel.

23.10.2009 10:34 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
cms
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.06.2009

and again down.....

23.10.2009 12:37 cms is offline Search for Posts by cms Add cms to your Buddy List
tel

Hi,
Whats the best advice for working today.
After repeated failures this morning I have set ATAs to www5 IP address, should I leave them like that or change back to pbxes.org ?
Very unhappy users
Regards

23.10.2009 13:17 telagente01 is offline Search for Posts by telagente01 Add telagente01 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

A hard disk failed in the data center in Nürnberg, where two hard disks had to be replaced three weeks ago.

You can change to pbxes.com in case pbxes.org fails. As soon as our monitoring systems pick up an error the domain pbxes.org gets redirected automatically.

Two strategies can be used to keep connection to your PBX when a preset registration address has an issue. First you can set a call forwarding on unavailable e.g. to a mobile number. Second but more complicated setup - if your phone supports several registrations - you can set one to pbxes.org and the other to pbxes.com, for two different extension numbers.

23.10.2009 14:54 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: