PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Can't delete a voicemail
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sip

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Can't delete a voicemail Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have received a voicemail that seemed about 40 seconds long as wav when it was emailed to me. But, when I opened it, it Windows Media Player gave an error.

When I listen to the message on my SIP phone, there appears to be nothing there when I select to listen to that message. However, every time I dial into the voicemail for that mailbox, it says there is 1 message. The message waiting light is still illuminated on my SPA942.

I am sure I remember a way of going into the PBXes interface and seeing a list online of the voicemails. When I had this problem about a year ago, I went into that list and deleted the voicemail. Problem solved. But I can't do that now from what I can see.

I cannot find such an option on the dashboard any longer. to view voicemails Is there an option somewhere in the PBXes dashboard where I can see the waiting voicemails?

Does anyone know how to delete a voicemail on PBXes if I cannot do it from the IP handsets?

Thanks in advance

Andy

14.04.2011 09:53 sipero is offline Search for Posts by sipero Add sipero to your Buddy List
baz

RE: Can't delete a voicemail Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

you need to logout of pbxes, then login as your voicemail account sipero-xxx and the password on the vm box

You can delete the vm from the interface.

You'll have trouble logging back on as you, so clear your cookies (at least the pbxes ones anyway) before trying!

18.04.2011 10:58 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
sip

RE: Can't delete a voicemail Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Baz,

Fantastic - thanks for that. I had totally forgotten that one has to log in separately for vms. Would make sense for PBXes to make the instructions for users easier to find!

Worked a treat.

Many thanks

Andy

PS You don't have any tips on how to stop extensions from constantly de-registering? Seems like pbxes is undergoing a bit of overload in recent weeks - orange lights on my Linksys SPA942 ever few hours these days.

18.04.2011 11:15 sipero is offline Search for Posts by sipero Add sipero to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Hey Andy,

- On which server are your extensions attempt to re-register?
- What is the exact FQDN your extensions are using to register on PBXes?
- What is the current IP your ISP has currently assigned you?

My phones are on Public IPs and they register on at least 4 of the 5 PBXes' servers constantly. On some days they might loose their registration momentarily to a particular server, but they get it back once their re-registration intervals is reached.

However this is not nessecarily a PBXes issue, since I can reach the PBXes' servers from an alternate connection, but not the one the phones use. Try to shorten the re-registration interval on your SPAs and verify whether this issue is resolved.

If the PBXes servers were over-loaded as you mentioned, a lot of PBXes users would experience the same issue, and it would be widely reported in the forums. It is not.

22.04.2011 12:52 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
sip

Diafora,

You make a good point about any potential issue not being report widely on the forums. Maybe I am blaming PBXes unfairly!

I have shortened the 'subscribe retry interval' on the Linksys to 30 seconds (before it was 180).

When you ask which server are they attempting to re-register, do you mean the Pbxes server - the 'timecentre/datacenre' as quoted in the Personal Data section of the dashboard? If so, I have set that to www4.

Sorry, I don't know where to find the FQDN and am ignorant as to what it is.

I am not on a fixed IP, it is a dynamic one, if I am answering your question correctly!

To be fair, in the last week or so I have not had so many problems.

I have a suspicion it could be the upstream bandwidth or contention. Can't say exactly why, just a hunch. I had problems SENDING emails (very slow to send, sometimes timed out) on time that coincided with orange lights on the handset.

Cheers

Andy

PS Should we transfer this to another thread since the heading is currenly related to the Voicemail issue, which you so kindly helped me with.

26.04.2011 11:19 sipero is offline Search for Posts by sipero Add sipero to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: