PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Underscore's usage
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dub

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Comment Field Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is a simple feature request for the brain dead amongst us. I would love a comment field where I can note things that I have done so that myself or my partner don't make the same mistake twice (e.g. "don't even think about renaming this trunk").

16.04.2009 18:51 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
tel

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Comment Field Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

That would certainly be useful to me as well

16.04.2009 19:54 telagente01 is offline Search for Posts by telagente01 Add telagente01 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Comment Field and Underscore Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I also believe a "Comments" field will be very useful in at least five places: Extensions, Ring Groups, Trunks, Inbound & Outbound routes.

It might also be useful in the Call Monitor, if its' contents could be included in the Search box.

On a different subject, I would also suggest the inclusion of at least the underscore a.k.a low-line (_) as a spacer for the names of Trunks, as well as both types of Routes. That is the best spacer available, instead of the problematic %20 the ASCII space character produces.

18.04.2009 02:24 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: Comment Field Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Diafora,
The underscore works ok for me in the trunks and inbound routes, I did have a problem with it in outbound routes though (not sure why),
Regards
Ron

18.04.2009 08:18 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Underscore's usage Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey Ron,

The underscore seems to work on Extensions', Trunks' and Inbound Routes' names, but fails when trying to name or rename Outbound Routes, with the following message:

"Route name is invalid...please try again"

I hope it can be included in the valid characters of Outbound Routes too.

18.04.2009 13:39 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: