PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Queue longer than 5 minutes
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
deo

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Queue longer than 5 minutes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,
I would like to set queue wait times longer than 5 minutes. Maybe 10 or 15 minutes.
Now a lot of people get dropped out of the queue. And when i put wait time 0 (=unlimites) people get kicked out of the queue when the receptionist doesn't answer the call in time (ringing 20 secs).

24.11.2010 19:12 deoudelanden is offline Search for Posts by deoudelanden Add deoudelanden to your Buddy List
baz

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Queue longer than 5 minutes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

well... what I do (and I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not) is fail the queue over to an inbound route.

So this happens:
- initial caller hits a queue that says "welcome to blah blah" and plays some music.
- on no answer, it fails over to a different queue that says "sorry you're still holding, press 1 to leave a vm or wait", and also plays music
- this queue then fails over to an inbound route with some time-based routing on it (I don't want people to be stuck in a queue after hours), that then goes to the second queue. Repeat

I'm welcome to suggestions though if that's a stupid idea. I suppose someone could be stuck in the queue for ever...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by baz on 27.11.2010 at 11:50.

27.11.2010 11:48 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: